MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just prodding around my new TV and noticed the Rad and oil cooler are very exposed to crap coming off the front wheel, are there options out there for suitable guards for both? and if so do they affect engine temps? Used mine for a trip through the city today and despite it being relatively cool and damp today the water temp doesnt take much traffic light wait time to get up to 3/4s on the guage and for the fans to come on. Though it never felt as hot as my old KTM1190 used to in similar use as that would heat the seat and legs in short order.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The temperatures you're experiencing around town are perfectly normal by the sounds of it. Don't be tempted to top up the header tank to the right of the headstock, needs to be on minimum mark, any more and it'll spit it out of the overflow.

Rad/oil cooler guard of choice is the R&G one. Have had one fitted on mine from new, temps seem no different from anyone else's on here.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have one on my TV as well.

The heavy traffic temp might be a little higher than without the guard. But not so much to cause an alert.

And, once ram air is applied she cools back down to the 1/2 mark, or next mark less, on the gauge, depending on speed.

For what it's worth; I approve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts