MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a radiator leak riding at Circuit Of The Americas yesterday. Need to inspect it further. Think I found the area it was spraying from at the upper unit, hard to see much at idle but of course had engine ice sprayed on the fairing when I got off the track. Should I try to get this fixed or is there a better after market radiator I should buy? Want to avoid the same thing in the future.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Year and model please

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crap.
I should have checked this yesterday >:-(
I was there all day today and I could have helped ya:'(

Thanks for the offer. I only rode on Saturday, luckily the leak started second to the last session. Probably for the best as I started getting a headache and was beat. Got my full days worth and was a blast.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Toves33 and me only came sunday (he rode, I played like JB), and he took the HP4 instead of his Corse. Did you see how many Beemers and Ducs there were?!?!
I did make sure to rep with my MVagusta.net shirt and regreted not riding up :'( Actually all that straightaway would have been boring and hurt ;-)

Mine is an 07'
Had a hairline crack on the radiator in the normal spot it always pops up.
I had a faint drip (only noticeable by the well formed dirt streak, but no drops to the floor) and I had the radiator shop seal it up (instead of JB weld), and though it is not pretty,it is covered so you can't see it. Then I took everyone's advise and made a brace to bear the load for that side of e radiator. No problems, but it has only been a couple of hundred miles and I didn't have a bad leak to start with.
Dude, if you are not too handy, a couple of the guys here sell the brace. Get it, or make one. The other thing is get the fans to come on earlier (either manual switch or an ecu mod).
These are survival tips :-
Haha!

Tree

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Rich, there's dozens of threads on the forum about the old F4's radiator problems, have a go at the search function. Then contact "gotojo" about a support bracket. You can repair the radiator yourself with some JB weld or other liquid steel paste, or get it welded by a decent ally welder. Alternatively, you can buy a new rad but still install the rad support bracket as sold by Jo.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toves33 and me only came sunday (he rode, I played like JB), and he took the HP4 instead of his Corse. Did you see how many Beemers and Ducs there were?!?!
I did make sure to rep with my MVagusta.net shirt and regreted not riding up :'( Actually all that straightaway would have been boring and hurt ;-)

Mine is an 07'
Had a hairline crack on the radiator in the normal spot it always pops up.
I had a faint drip (only noticeable by the well formed dirt streak, but no drops to the floor) and I had the radiator shop seal it up (instead of JB weld), and though it is not pretty,it is covered so you can't see it. Then I took everyone's advise and made a brace to bear the load for that side of e radiator. No problems, but it has only been a couple of hundred miles and I didn't have a bad leak to start with.
Dude, if you are not too handy, a couple of the guys here sell the brace. Get it, or make one. The other thing is get the fans to come on earlier (either manual switch or an ecu mod).
These are survival tips :-
Haha!

Tree
Yeah, checked out BMWs. Hard to believe how may HP4s where there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts