MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can report that the Brutale suffers from the same issue as the F4 with respect to the top left corner, just at the mounting bracket area.
When I work out how to post a picture I will post one up.:crying:

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
What’s going on Jon with all these issues lately.I can post you a satchel of my super special powder that will seal that leak permanently.I posted one to Cus in Tassie and it worked a treat.Message me if I can be of help.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mitchy, I am getting to over 70,000kms now, so I guess things are starting to age, particularly rubber bushes etc.
Plus with our shit road conditions, everything gets a workout.
What is this magic dust you speak of?

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
It is called a sealtab.A small satchel of magic powder that you sprinkle into the cooling system at operating temperature,put the radiator cap back on and run the motor for at least 10 minutes and leak is repaired.
By the look of the bent fins you copped a rock or similar.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is it permanent, or do you have to do it again when flushing the system?

Mitchy, I cropped the picture to get the detail in. It is a picture of the motor side of the radiator. The top row of the radiator is weeping just below the left hand side mounting tab. Like what happens on the older F4 systems, there is obviously some flex happening due to the bumps and jolts of our roads. (I tend to stay away from motorway routes - less traffic)

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
You do have to replace the sealtab when flushing the cooling system,yes.

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
I also have Joe's radiator brackets in stock but I think they only suit F4's with twin radiators.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it to a radiator shop, they tested and found splits in 3 places on the top row. They were not recommending epoxy repair as they didn’t expect it to last, given the likely cause.
They are going to close that row off, and retest.

I will look at how I can add a brace. The fans weigh more than the radiator, so there is a lot of stress being transferred when I hit a bump on our roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts