MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into radiator guards and I can't say I am impressed with anything available from MV Agusta special parts. I want the guard to sit away from the radiator, not flush with it and having to zip tie it on does not make sense to me. I have seen one from Radguard which sits 15-20mm away and bolts on using the existing fasteners and is made from expanded mesh with an alloy frame. Any advice would be welcomed.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
You might look at the Cox guards....used by most AMA race teams including factory Yamaha and Suzuki.....and many international as well..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Cox and R&G sit flush and use cable ties to an extent. Not sure why it's an issue, not often you ride over a brick to need 15mm clearance.

I've got the R&G (looks like the one above) for the radiator and the Cox for the oil cooler. My radiators look brand new after a year and a half riding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cox and R&G sit flush and use cable ties to an extent. Not sure why it's an issue, not often you ride over a brick to need 15mm clearance.

I've got the R&G (looks like the one above) for the radiator and the Cox for the oil cooler. My radiators look brand new after a year and a half riding.
Yeah I take your point, but in cyclone territory the roads often aren't exactly debris free and a guard that sits a bit further away is, in my opinion a sensible option. The only reason I am not a fan of cable ties are the potential for rubbing and vibration.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've just installed the COX guard on mine in titanium color. Fits really snug but great airflow and protection at the same time and looks fabulous.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Glad it worked well for you... just wanted to let other folks know that we carry the MARU Performance and the Moto Corse (Titanium) as well, so there seems to be at least 4 options on the market.

My best...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.