MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately they changed radiators in 2018. This is the only one out there to fit the 2018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mschwechter, did you receive your radiator guard yet?

I just received mine but it doesn't fit :( have just sent an email off with photos.

Lucky I'm in Australia, but still dissapointing

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mschwechter, did you receive your radiator guard yet?

I just received mine but it doesn't fit :( have just sent an email off with photos.

Lucky I'm in Australia, but still dissapointing

Got it but haven’t had time to install. Post your pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally found one
https://www.radguard.com.au/products/mv-agusta-brutale-dragster-800-800rr-800-rr-limited-rc-2018-radiator-oil-cooler-guard.html

Will post review once received and installed.
This is a product I really believe in. I’ve seen too many holed radiators to be comfortable without one.

The mounting points look the same as that on my 2017 Brutale 800. This is what I've been using https://evotech-performance.com/products/mv-brutale-800-radiator-guard-2016

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got it but haven’t had time to install. Post your pictures?

The top support of the left didn't line up and I couldn't put the fairings back on as they sit flush with the radiator.

Paul at RadGuard was very apologetic and has offered me a full refund, and is trying to get a hold of a 2018 Dragster to manufacture one up (I would take my buy its 6hrs away).

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The top support of the left didn't line up and I couldn't put the fairings back on as they sit flush with the radiator.

Paul at RadGuard was very apologetic and has offered me a full refund, and is trying to get a hold of a 2018 Dragster to manufacture one up (I would take my buy its 6hrs away).

Yes, well, I’m in the US so I guess I’m just SOL.
At least I didn’t go through the pain of trying to install to be foiled.
So, they never tested on a 2018, and just assumed a prior year model would fit.Sad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, they never tested on a 2018, and just assumed a prior year model would fit.Sad.
He said that MV told them they were all the same radiator (which they probably are) but i can only assume that they tried it on a normal Brutale and not a Dragster.

You can always try and contact them and see if they can refund you even if your in the states, worth a shot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He said that MV told them they were all the same radiator (which they probably are) but i can only assume that they tried it on a normal Brutale and not a Dragster.

You can always try and contact them and see if they can refund you even if your in the states, worth a shot.

Good news, RadGuard contacted me on their own, and said they were going to work on the 2018 Dragster version soon, and they would send me a replacement when available. Good on them, this is great customer service. I was ready to just give up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good news, RadGuard contacted me on their own, and said they were going to work on the 2018 Dragster version soon, and they would send me a replacement when available. Good on them, this is great customer service. I was ready to just give up.

Received an email, revised radiator guard is on the way. Let me know how your install goes please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Received an email, revised radiator guard is on the way. Let me know how your install goes please.

They sent mine out and i fitted over the weekend. It fits to the 4 bolts on the bracket on either side of the radiator, real easy to install.

You wouldn't get too many stores that would send you another one like that, top customer service Paul from RadGuard Australia.

Sorry about the photos but we had rain here this weekend and i didn't want to take it outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They sent mine out and i fitted over the weekend. It fits to the 4 bolts on the bracket on either side of the radiator, real easy to install.

You wouldn't get too many stores that would send you another one like that, top customer service Paul from RadGuard Australia.

Sorry about the photos but we had rain here this weekend and i didn't want to take it outside.

Thanks for the info and pictures. Waiting for my replacement now. Great customer service. Unexpected, but most appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Resurrecting this thread.
I am interested in the R&G but on the Design Corse website, they don't make the distinction pre and post 2018.

Did you guys finally get one that fits? Did you order directly from the website or did you contact them first?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Resurrecting this thread.
I am interested in the R&G but on the Design Corse website, they don't make the distinction pre and post 2018.

Did you guys finally get one that fits? Did you order directly from the website or did you contact them first?

Thanks!
Simple solution if you are looking for the R&G guard, is to contact R&G or Design Corse direct to confirm that you require the 2018/19 version

I have dealt with both companies in the past and have received nothing but top class service:grin2:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Simple solution if you are looking for the R&G guard, is to contact R&G or Design Corse direct to confirm that you require the 2018/19 version

I have dealt with both companies in the past and have received nothing but top class service:grin2:
I have messaged to see if they have one that fits 2019 Dragster, awaiting reply.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts