MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst out on a ride, i noticed coolant running down a fork leg
i found there to be a minute puncture on the inside of the rad, when revved above 7000 rpm coolant was squirting from the rad.
question is can it be repaired or will it need replacing, ouch.
is there a rad cover to stop stone and road debris.

cheers
mark

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
you said minute puncture on inside of radiator.....
is the bike new? does the hole appear to be the result of an impact? if not, it may be a defect and be under warranty.
If not, depending on location, it can be repaired, by soldering it. Or you could try a radiator stop leak as a temp measure(but I dont like that crap in my engine) but, a buddy of mine put some in his r1 (stone damage) to get him home from a remote area, and that patch lasted 30k miles, before he sold it. never leaked again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
lewdog998 said:
you said minute puncture on inside of radiator.....
is the bike new? does the hole appear to be the result of an impact? if not, it may be a defect and be under warranty.
If not, depending on location, it can be repaired, by soldering it. Or you could try a radiator stop leak as a temp measure(but I dont like that crap in my engine) but, a buddy of mine put some in his r1 (stone damage) to get him home from a remote area, and that patch lasted 30k miles, before he sold it. never leaked again.
Not sure I'd use stop leak, I would avoid it incase it blocks somewhere else, we already know how hopeless the cooling system is.
Radiator repair works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts