MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but completely lost, lol What are radial brakes ? It seems they are a better brake system ( from what I am reading ) but I just don't have a full understanding of what they really are :stickpoke

What type is this one ?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
That is non radial
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1408795446.962313.jpg

They have trickled down from racing, having radial brakes means they can make the forks lighter but with the same strength as the older brake put more stress on the forks, they also vibrate less and for race teams they could easily switch disc diameters for different circuits by just adding spacers to move the callipers out. :)

To jo public on the street it really doesn't make a lot of difference but it sounds good.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Not many choices

ahhh,, thanks for explaining that very simple and to the point.

I have the above forks, will only calipers for MV fit or can I use ones off a Duc ?

There are not many aftermarket choices for brakes to fit your Showa forks, best option imho would be to source a full set of the Nissan MV six pot calipers.With a decent pad in them like EBC HH compound they work pretty good.

If you want a pair of calipers I do have a set going cheap.

jimboF4

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
?

Jimbo;
she has Marzocchi forks with axial mounts for the Nissen calipers

Wrench Wench;
don't know if those calipers will fit your Marzocchis...I know Ducati had at least 3 different lopsided calipers over the years

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
If the space between the mounting holes, and the offset of the caliper is correct, and the distance to the pad is correct (disc diameter), they will work fine.

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
You simply have to make some measurements or a test fit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Why bother with Ducati 4-pot hobbies if the MV 6-pot items work fine and there will be dozens available on the forum and eBay.

Well was asking cause a friend has them,,I have no idea about these calipers though I do understand 6 vs 4 :)

While my friends have 3 of these and I know what they are I have never tinkered with them and the whole frame swap rebuild of the wreck I just did was from about a week of research and having the donor bike to look at and take apart. So still learning about these bikes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts