MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone mounted a radar detector on the Brute so it isn't really visible, but still easily removable? I have a passport I use in my car that is hardwired in, but I would like to swap in onto the bike when i go for rides... any ideas??
Pics would be great!
Ryan

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi redmans i was asking before about mounting my road angel radar detector ,its a self contained unit, magnetic fix to winscreens ect via rubber suckers, but the only mount kits for bikes are screen mounts,so i need to know the gap betwwen the clocks and top of screen on a emoto screen,and could i keep the carbon clock piece on with a screen,check out the road angel plus on` blackspot .com` I dont know were you live or what type of radar your police have but this does the lot including lazer,but on a bike you will need rear mount sensor for lazer as body blocks signal this works great in my car on the screen bit expensive at over £300 but worh it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
looks good Greg, i like the mount plate ,thats what i need if i dont get the screen,but if any one here can get me the measurement that would be great,thanks again Greg

·
Registered
417 Posts
thanks ikyk9,i think its not enough, allso can you tell me about the mounting of the screen is it emoto,and if its one hole mount each side does it tend to tilt back under wind preasure or do the side brackets just jam against indicators or something ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Remembering the size of the Passport radar detector I used to have it would extend over the tach/speedo unit if mounted on the windscreen.

The mounting is only 1 bolt on each side where the headlight mounts. Emoto does provide spacers rather than using the standard bolts. The screen mounting bolts does rest on headlight mounts and is quite stable at speed. I've been up to about 110 mph and it doesn't move around at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I mounted part of the Techmount radar detector mount on the piece of metal exposed on the handlebar after removing the rear view mirrors (got the CRG hindsights) - works great. Looks good, works great. I'll post some pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts