MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here racing F3 ,I'm thinking of racing one this season,would like to hear all the info ,
Thanks Rich

·
Registered
614 Posts
Several people on here are racing them, and at different levels of competition and specification.

There are two threads in 'on the track' and one in the F3 section.

Try a search, or a bit of browsing, it won't take you long to find them.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hatchet

Anybody here racing F3 ,I'm thinking of racing one this season,would like to hear all the info ,
Thanks Rich
Oh he's so modest our Greg - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48742 - after we taught him some manners :).
There is also Nils who is getting ready - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50639
Then Tom here is building a pretty mean F3 for a customer - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50312 - :mouthwate
And Corran get's up to no good as well, but won't share too much info yet - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=38460 :)

Then there is the Manx 675 crew but no pictures as yet, waiting patiantly. If you are on Facebook, I can point you to a few guys in Europe and the Middle Eastern Countries too.
But welcome none the less Rich, let us know where you are on this little planet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Rich, it will be a good decition to race with F3. This year it will be my 2. season. And if you compare with other stock bikes, the F3 will be the best i think. Last year i've been riding with stock bike and had no problems to fight with more powerfull bikes...
The F3 gives you a very good feeling, if you are accustomed with the drive by wire...
where are you from and where do you want to race?
btw, welcome to the passion club

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rich, it will be a good decition to race with F3. This year it will be my 2. season. And if you compare with other stock bikes, the F3 will be the best i think. Last year i've been riding with stock bike and had no problems to fight with more powerfull bikes...
The F3 gives you a very good feeling, if you are accustomed with the drive by wire...
where are you from and where do you want to race?
btw, welcome to the passion club
Hey mate,Im going on tuesday to pick up a 2013 F3 then the build will start,Ive been racing a Ducati 749 and took my 1199 Tri out on a few weekends to race it also,but its too much bike for my local track,I think the F3 will be a great bike to race,Few questions for you is there any need to chance the triple clamps or is the bike great out of the crate?I race Dunlops tires and i know they can change some bikes feel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh he's so modest our Greg - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48742 - after we taught him some manners :).
There is also Nils who is getting ready - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50639
Then Tom here is building a pretty mean F3 for a customer - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50312 - :mouthwate
And Corran get's up to no good as well, but won't share too much info yet - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=38460 :)

Then there is the Manx 675 crew but no pictures as yet, waiting patiantly. If you are on Facebook, I can point you to a few guys in Europe and the Middle Eastern Countries too.
But welcome none the less Rich, let us know where you are on this little planet.
Donsy
Thanks for putting these up,I apologies for not doing a search but i did go true everything in F3 threads but when to bed before i finished going true lol.Im Irish but have been living in the good old USA for the past 20 years ,east coast .Ive done some road racing in Ireland many years ago,but then move so it put a stop to my racing,until i started racing in 2008 on track,Ive been racing a 749S Ducati but am looking for something different and the F3 looks like the bike i want,Im going to pick up a 2013 F3 that has 5000 miles on it on tuesday if all goes well,Thats why im trying to find out as much as i can about the bike.Again Thanks for the info .

·
Registered
32 Posts
the bike is great out of the box! but i have no experience with dunlops.
you have to install an steering damper, this is important. of corse you shout cut out the cat in the manifold by install an aftermarket manifold like Zard. if not U should protect the fairings in the cat area for heating...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bike is great out of the box! but i have no experience with dunlops.
you have to install an steering damper, this is important. of corse you shout cut out the cat in the manifold by install an aftermarket manifold like Zard. if not U should protect the fairings in the cat area for heating...
Thanks nI38
I figure ill put a full system on the bike,thanks for the heads up on the steering damper ,Do you think the Zard exhaust is good ?

·
Registered
570 Posts
You will have to have a steering dampner to pass tech. It is a requirement in both CCS and Wera. Which club are you racing in?. If u are on the east coast as I am you should be in the mid atlantic region. What state are you in? I'm pretty sure ypu are buying a forum members bike. Is it red and silver?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will have to have a steering dampner to pass tech. It is a requirement in both CCS and Wera. Which club are you racing in?. If u are on the east coast as I am you should be in the mid atlantic region. What state are you in? I'm pretty sure ypu are buying a forum members bike. Is it red and silver?
ondgas
I race LRRS and CCS ,Im in MA ,im looking at a 2013 F3 at a dealers with 5000 miles on it,I didnt see any bikes here for sale?Do you know of 1 for sale?

·
Registered
570 Posts
There was. His name was Shashanmittle or somethin like that. You can find the listing on the 12th or 14th page of the forsale adds here. He is also in boston MA. So I'm pretty sure its the same bike. He must have traded it in. He was selling all the bits he bought for it seperately. I'm interested in a few of the road parts if you are making it a track bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was. His name was Shashanmittle or somethin like that. You can find the listing on the 12th or 14th page of the forsale adds here. He is also in boston MA. So I'm pretty sure its the same bike. He must have traded it in. He was selling all the bits he bought for it seperately. I'm interested in a few of the road parts if you are making it a track bike.
I came across it on another site, maybe the same bike not sure, ill be selling all street parts. If I can make the deal with the dealer

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks nI38
I figure ill put a full system on the bike,thanks for the heads up on the steering damper ,Do you think the Zard exhaust is good ?
The zard is apparently not good. One of the other forum members here who is building a race bike sent one back as defective (poor build quality) and the second one received was just as bad. They ended out doing the remedial work themselves due to time.

Sit on your hands for a few weeks and watch the forum sponsors, I'm sure there will be a good alternative choice coming soon. Akra are the official partner for WSS so bound to be something from them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The zard is apparently not good. One of the other forum members here who is building a race bike sent one back as defective (poor build quality) and the second one received was just as bad. They ended out doing the remedial work themselves due to time.

Sit on your hands for a few weeks and watch the forum sponsors, I'm sure there will be a good alternative choice coming soon. Akra are the official partner for WSS so bound to be something from them.
Thanks for the info,I like Akra exhaust so ill hold out for one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts