MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new set of racing headers, mid pipe for the F4 750, SPP0003001.
I just stumbled over them and I thought that is a chance You will not face often.
So did anyone of You installed them on Your bike?
What are Your experiences ?
Power, fit and what else.
Is the RG3 eprom, which I got with the RG3 end cans, still good for this set up?
Please let me know!

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
The set up should still be good. I think it is also meant for full systems.
If you are not sure the dyno is the only solution to know.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You probably won't notice any difference in performance from stock, Ralf. I think the factory only claimed a few hp at the crank. You'll find they are shorter than the stock headers and that the mid pipe is longer.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The set up should still be good. I think it is also meant for full systems.
If you are not sure the dyno is the only solution to know.
Yeah Erik I had the RG3 slip ons for Years and replaced them last Year with the Moto Corse Titanium cans, which are basically the Ti RG3's.
I have still the Standard headers and thought the racing headers would compliment the whole set up.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You probably won't notice any difference in performance from stock, Ralf. I think the factory only claimed a few hp at the crank. You'll find they are shorter than the stock headers and that the mid pipe is longer.
Right Carl I fear there is not much to gain.
One or two ponies will be not noticable I imagine.
And a Dyno, plus a dependable MV technician, is far away from here.
Is there anything I need to pay attention to once I install them ?
Or is this a straight hazzle free story ?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Right Carl I fear there is not much to gain.
One or two ponies will be not noticable I imagine.
And a Dyno, plus a dependable MV technician, is far away from here.
Is there anything I need to pay attention to once I install them ?
Or is this a straight hazzle free story ?
When I replaced my headers it was pretty straight forward. I only loosened the oil cooler a bit to give it a bit more room and it went very easy.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Ralf

I've got a brand new set of these headers kit in titanium sitting here which I bought off the old CRC Special Parts dept back in 2003.. The kit should have come with new springs, manifold gaskets, blanking plug and copper washer.

Basically they look the same as the later SPR set up with the small inter-connecting header balance pipes.. This should help the bike rev out slightly better.

The only advice I’ve heard is that the RG3 Special Parts eprom is rather harsh or produces a vicious throttle and you’re better off using the OEM eprom and having a custom map made with the help of a Power Commander or similar device to smooth out the engines performance.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ralf

I've got a brand new set of these headers kit in titanium sitting here which I bought off the old CRC Special Parts dept back in 2003.. The kit should have come with new springs, manifold gaskets, blanking plug and copper washer.

Basically they look the same as the later SPR set up with the small inter-connecting header balance pipes.. This should help the bike rev out slightly better.

The only advice I’ve heard is that the RG3 Special Parts eprom is rather harsh or produces a vicious throttle and you’re better off using the OEM eprom and having a custom map made with the help of a Power Commander or similar device to smooth out the engines performance.

John I guess You have everything MV Corse has made.
Sure I would have liked the Ti headers instead if I would have known.
I guess next time I should ask You first.
But I will be happy with the INOX set now.
Yes the set comes with all the stuff You mentioned except the RG3 eprom.
Now my F4S got the RG3 slip ons mounted by FBF back in the days.
They installed the RG3 eprom and a power commander.
So my hope is that the new headers will work out with the settings I got from FBF.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
John I guess You have everything MV Corse has made.
Sure I would have liked the Ti headers instead if I would have known.
I guess next time I should ask You first.
But I will be happy with the INOX set now.
Yes the set comes with all the stuff You mentioned except the RG3 eprom.
Now my F4S got the RG3 slip ons mounted by FBF back in the days.
They installed the RG3 eprom and a power commander.
So my hope is that the new headers will work out with the settings I got from FBF.
Hey Ralf

Most of the MV Corse stuff I have isn't for sale until I've either finished building my F4 or decided what I'm going to do with the bike..

Your headers will work without needed any further alterations to your current set up.. Just install the headers and enjoy the bike..

When installing the system, leave everything loose (don’t fit exhaust springs or tighten mounting points) until the full system lines up properly and doesn’t feel under tension.

As an additional protection against future issues when dismantling, I smear a small amount of titanium anti seize grease inside the pipe joints

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just bought a brand new set of racing headers, mid pipe for the F4 750, SPP0003001.
I just stumbled over them and I thought that is a chance You will not face often.
So did anyone of You installed them on Your bike?
What are Your experiences ?
Power, fit and what else.
Is the RG3 eprom, which I got with the RG3 end cans, still good for this set up?
Please let me know!
You should notice improvement low down and mid-range plus a nicer sound .
The only positive gained from the SPR RG3 chip is the higher rev limit
The fueling is not very good and needs a power commander to fill the holes.
When I fitted power commander and SPR eprom there was a 6 hp loss around 7.5k on base run

Best advice is fit headers and treat it to a run with a good dyno man .

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You guys for all Your advice and input.
Looks like it will be fine and I have some confidence now.
So the headers have now only to find the way to TN over the Atlantic.
And than I will see in October.
The tasks are summing up.
Sprocket/hub, CF air box and now the Corse headers.
I will let You know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts