MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Race start advice wanted

Going to be racing a B4 1078RR down here in the great nation of Tasmania in a few months and need some advice on getting it off the line. Been racing 860 Ducati, R1100S Beemer and a CBR 250 Honda and get really good starts on them all but the MV is a different beast all together as in power to weight and we don't get the occasion to practice race starts here generally. Can practice on my road B4 I suppose but my licence and no claim bonus might suffer. Thanks in advance ,Cus

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi mate I race the f4 750 won the national bears title last year.. my starts are nearly always good. not sure about the 1000 donsy would be the big gun there.. but basically i hold at 4000 revs on start line red goes out its up over 70000 let clutch slip tad not much and revs are up full its just about the feel you get for the drive.. but i have very little slipping of clutch lever and revs are full almost instantly front wheel just hovers off the ground most of the time

·
Super Moderator
22,475 Posts
Hi mate I race the f4 750 won the national bears title last year.. my starts are nearly always good. not sure about the 1000 donsy would be the big gun there.. but basically i hold at 4000 revs on start line red goes out its up over 70000 let clutch slip tad not much and revs are up full its just about the feel you get for the drive.. but i have very little slipping of clutch lever and revs are full almost instantly front wheel just hovers off the ground most of the time

Won't the motor blow up before then?>:)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mate, first race is on Sunday and things are a bit damp at the moment so practice and qualifying will likely be on wets. Will know more about launching the beast after Sunday ha ha. At least wet starts will be a bit more sedate.

·
Super Moderator
22,475 Posts
Good luck on Sunday, Cus. Let us know how you get on.

(I have never rece started a bike, so I am of little use...)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Race meeting was canned cause of standing water on track but the MV was awesome in the rain. Got a couple of practice sessions in but still haven,t done a race start though, bummer. Times were quite good for first time on this bike in these conditions. Trying to get a photo up so apologies for the last post.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Managed to get photo as an avatar, not sure how. Bloody computer thingys

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Would love to see some more shots Cus - nice work mate

·
Registered
825 Posts
Race meeting was canned cause of standing water on track but the MV was awesome in the rain. Got a couple of practice sessions in but still haven,t done a race start though, bummer. Times were quite good for first time on this bike in these conditions. Trying to get a photo up so apologies for the last post.
Have to agree on the performance in the rain. Did an extremely wet track day at Qld. Raceway. Pissed down. I'm not real confident in the wet but the bike was confidence inspiring and I had a shitload of fun.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 12 of 12 Posts