MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im in the middle of various service items and the air filter is looking a little unloved... I'm going to order a BMC filter for my bike and from what I can find the parter number is FM499/20 - but this shows as a 'standard' bike filter. Is there a race one, is it worth getting if there is?

Cheers

Simon.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prefer the MWR filters Simon, but if you're nor not racing, no matter the brand, get the road filter.
Hey Donsy, where do you get yours in AU?

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
I've bought a few over the years, for myself and other guys , some from Al at Design Corse, some from Chris at X-Bikes and some from Kevin at Quick Lap Performance in Queensland mate.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've bought a few over the years, for myself and other guys , some from Al at Design Corse, some from Chris at X-Bikes and some from Kevin at Quick Lap Performance in Queensland mate.
What's your take on the intake sound of the MWR compared to stock? Seen a few vids of F3s and compared to the brutale you get more intake sound because of the fairing. I would enjoy a little more growl.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I prefer the MWR filters Simon, but if you're nor not racing, no matter the brand, get the road filter.
Quite right don't be tempted to get the race filter:f4: With all the rubbish that we get sucked into the airbox in NZ that could end badly.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a 'performance' MWR in the end. In stock at the local reseller here in NZ. Could not get a BMC for love or money... Nobody brings them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts