MV Agusta Forum banner

Which color 312?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very close to getting my 1st MV. Since there aren't any 312s where I'm at, I'm gonna have to decide on the color without seeing it in person.

I know that photos do not do the MVs paintjob justice, so I would like to ask all you people who've seen both in real life which you prefer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Honestly it's really what you think. I saw the pearl/black in person and it was stunning. If that's what does it for you, then get pearl/black. If you like the original red/silver combo (which you can't go wrong owning that color) then get that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's only 15 being shipped to the US. I just saw one head out the door.

-W

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with Admin.

I saw the black/white 312 - and pics do it NO justice. It was Baaaaaad to the bone. The white is actually a pearl white, which you can't see in pics.

Which ever one you choose, you can't go wrong. And Congrats !!!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
If I was in the market for my 1st F4 now, it would be the pearl/black 312R for sure. I have seen all 3 colors of the R and the pearl black is by far my favorite. I saw one just last week at Pro Italia, it had a few extra CF bits and other mods like the veltro style rearset, MV Cose keyless gas cap it looked stunning. the white pearl against the jet black (plus the red accent)is a great combo.

I remember when the 1st black/grey R came out last year, many people (myself included) were not crazy about the new design/scheme, in fact I still like the original red/silver scheme better, but I must say the pearl/black not only makes the new design work, it looks "special" enough to be a limited edition bike.

But with all that said, it's your bike, get what moves you...

good luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Brat! Congrats on your pending purchase. I was pretty much sold on the grey/black combo, until Samson at Pro Italia showed me a photo of the pearl white/black late last year. I decide to wait til I could see 'em all side by side by side and to me the pearl/black was re-frickin-diculous! So, I bought it asap. Mine's "only" an R but it's PLENTY of motor-sickle for me. 10 days and 540 miles. Spectacular. Can't wait for mile 541. Good luck and, as many nice folks told me via this site, follow your heart and whichever bike you choose, it'll be the right one. Please excuse me, I have to retire to my garage to ogle.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
admin said:
Honestly it's really what you think. I saw the pearl/black in person and it was stunning. If that's what does it for you, then get pearl/black. If you like the original red/silver combo (which you can't go wrong owning that color) then get that.
Alvin has answered the question!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
That's so up to you, it's hard to reply.

In my case i was really inclined to the black/white since i really love the way it looks. My dealer had the black/white and red/silver but said he was expecting black ones too. At first i told my dealer i would go with it.
Then (after a few days) we talked again and he told me he had just got the black ones.
In between this i had seen this pics here http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8666 and it was from those (where you can see a black and a black/white side by side) that, in my mind, i decided i was going for the black instead.
For me the white/black is stunning (like the black), but the white makes the bike look bigger and, IMO, i think i would get tired of the white with time, while the black is always classis and sober scheme.
But that was me thinking. :)

The bottom line is that you can't go wrong with either (black, white, red) :f4:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your replies. My heart says Red/Silver, but judging from your comments, I have every reason to believe that the Pearl/Black looks spectacular in real life, so I'm leaning towards the Pearl/Black. Will update you all on my purchase. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts