MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how long/difficult it is to install the rear frame sliders (middle of bike under the seat) on an F4 750? What size bolt is needed and if anyone has any tips on installation that would be great :hump:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Easy to do...30 min or less.
the rg kit comes with a new bolt.
This bolt goes all the way through the frame and engine just like OE except it is a little llonger to accomidate the slider.
Do not punch out the old bolt with the new bolt or you will damage the threads. use a hardwood dowel and a hammer to knock the oe bolt out. then use a block of wood and/or a plastic hammer and dowel to help slide the new bolt into place.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I punched the old one out with the new one, However I just wrapped something around the new one to prevent damage to threads. Worked like a charm for me. To me that was the easiest way.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Before trying to ram the existing bolt out, remove the fairing, place a car jack under the engine, and jack up the engine 1/4" to unload the weight off the frame. Then the bolt is easily replaced. Do not attempt to replace the bolt without supporting the engine.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
or you could leave the old one partially on one side while you feed the new one in....worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts