MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following earlier postings of the disaster with the MC Corse tail tidy.
Today R&G fitted their unit, very neat and light and the micro lights are a improvement on the OEM.
Also fitted, the spindle sliders which are identical to the F4,

Front fork and handlebar protectors, rad guard and side crash bobbins (it is not necessary to drill the fairing), will be available in the very near future.
I have seen the prototype of the side crash protectors, very impressive

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cool, thanks for sharing the pics. Any pics of the fork sliders and crash bobbins?

·
Registered
181 Posts
This tail tidy looks very nice too.
Seems to be premium quality, matching MV standards :)
Mine (tecbike) is a bit simple, ordinary bent steel plates...
But I like the adjustable indicator brackets - you can align the width for every size of number plates.

·
Registered
504 Posts
This tidy is designed for Euro plate sizes. I wonder how it would work for smaller US plates? It looks like the bracket would be wider than the plates themselves. Bruce, could you measure the distance across the flat bracket area in the rear view?

·
Registered
352 Posts
This tidy is designed for Euro plate sizes. I wonder how it would work for smaller US plates? It looks like the bracket would be wider than the plates themselves. Bruce, could you measure the distance across the flat bracket area in the rear view?
The R&G tail tidy has long elongated mounting holes, which allow mounting of US/EU plates on the same tail tidy. I have it on my other bikes.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is 8 1/2 inches, with horizontal and vertical slots for fixing the plate

·
Registered
163 Posts
Definately too wide for my taste for US plates. I'll be starting construction of my own unit soon. However this is a huge improvement on the stock piece! Too bad you all have to have those huge plates!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definately too wide for my taste for US plates. I'll be starting construction of my own unit soon. However this is a huge improvement on the stock piece! Too bad you all have to have those huge plates!
The number plate is 7" x 6", the 8 1/2"" width includes the brackets for the rear indicators

·
Registered
352 Posts
R&G has added some universal fitment parts today to the F3 catalog. No updates on crash protection yet.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R&G has added some universal fitment parts today to the F3 catalog. No updates on crash protection yet.
Following the failure of the MV tail tidy, I have had fitted their unit along with micro lights, impressed.
Looking to go their research department in the very near future to finalise the crash protector parts.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Received a second email from rg - they are tooling the engine covers now and should be ready in 6 weeks or so.

Atleast 3 weeks after the next race meeting here....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts
R&G has uploaded photos of the no-cut crash bobbins. Availability is 6-8 weeks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Following the failure of the MV tail tidy, I have had fitted their unit along with micro lights, impressed.
Looking to go their research department in the very near future to finalise the crash protector parts.
R&G Tail tidy with micro indicators, marks on the fairing is where the MV Corse came adrift

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
We have just developed some engine covers for the F3 with the help of GB Racing. I'm not sure when they will be released to the general public but if anyone wants to some, email me and I'll see if I can get some kits out early.
Please email me at [email protected].

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
583 Posts
We have just developed some engine covers for the F3 with the help of GB Racing. I'm not sure when they will be released to the general public but if anyone wants to some, email me and I'll see if I can get some kits out early.
Please email me at [email protected].

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
I added GB to the Crash Protection thread...

//http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=552013

1 - 20 of 33 Posts