MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered R&G front and rear axle sliders from Design Corse. Their website notes the ones I ordered are for the F41000R, but that paper work with them states they are not. I believe the spacers are supposed to fit securely in the spindle openings to keep the slider rod through the spindle from sliding around. Has anyone else ordered these?

R&GFORSLIKIT Mv Agusta Fork Protection
MV Fitment F4 750/1000/S/R/312R/1078RR All

Racing Rear Axle Sliders

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Hi Rich, okay, your pics are a bit confusing because that part you're holding in the bottom pic looks like a part that's supposed to go into the rear axle.

Either way, the front axle's in both the older 750S, 910S and 1000S axle (Version 1) as well as the later 910R 1000R 312R etc (Cersion 2) have different dimensions from left to right.
On the older front axle the ID's are approximately 36 and 31mm.
On the later "R" model front axle the dimension are 23mm and 20mm, with the nut being 25mm.

This means they can not be interchanged between the two models, and have to go in the "right way round" also.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rich, okay, your pics are a bit confusing because that part you're holding in the bottom pic looks like a part that's supposed to go into the rear axle.

Either way, the front axle's in both the older 750S, 910S and 1000S axle (Version 1) as well as the later 910R 1000R 312R etc (Cersion 2) have different dimensions from left to right.
On the older front axle the ID's are approximately 36 and 31mm.
On the later "R" model front axle the dimension are 23mm and 20mm, with the nut being 25mm.

This means they can not be interchanged between the two models, and have to go in the "right way round" also.
Actually got the back on, but as you noted these do not fit the front so I must have ordered the wrong front for my model/shocks. Maybe I will see if I can just order the spacers from Design Corse, but appears it comes as a whole set. That part I am holding is the spacer from the front slider in the first picture.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I ordered R&G front and rear axle sliders from Design Corse. Their website notes the ones I ordered are for the F41000R, but that paper work with them states they are not. I believe the spacers are supposed to fit securely in the spindle openings to keep the slider rod through the spindle from sliding around. Has anyone else ordered these?

R&GFORSLIKIT Mv Agusta Fork Protection

Racing Rear Axle Sliders

Hello Rich,

As per my email from your selection for the front forks you chose “All Showa forks” where as yours are “Marzocchi” so they wrong selection was picked at time of order.

The Rear one is universal for MV Agusta so no problems there but the front one you can send back and we can exchange it for the correct version for you.

Let me know.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Rich, you got that way wrong.
Didn't even notice the second drop down menu on the site, just the first menu noting for F41000R and ordered, oh well easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Didn't even notice the second drop down menu on the site, just the first menu noting for F41000R and ordered, oh well easy fix.
Hahaha, you're not the first to make such a mistake Rich, and probably not the last, don't ask me how I know :naughty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts