MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Installing a set of R&G Aero Frame Sliders on an F3 would it be recommended to apply a little blue loctite to the threats? or just nip the bolts up tight?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Chris,

If they're replacing a frame bolt to fit just torque to spec. If not a little loctite wont do any harm if that's what you feel. Should be some sort of torque spec included anyway with the kit. Makes no difference if you road test them though. The bolt will bend and come loose. I know, I've done it. They do their job though. My frame sliders were Sato and the axle sliders R&G. Both top products. Well worth fitting.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,

If they're replacing a frame bolt to fit just torque to spec. If not a little loctite wont do any harm if that's what you feel. Should be some sort of torque spec included anyway with the kit. Makes no difference if you road test them though. The bolt will bend and come loose. I know, I've done it. They do their job though. My frame sliders were Sato and the axle sliders R&G. Both top products. Well worth fitting.

Cheers

Deano
Thanks Deano,

Really hoping I don't road test them :jsm:

R&G spec say 40mn for the bolt that attached to slider to the slider bracket,it fells like the bracket is flexing and I'm only at 25nm,

I just really don't want to do any damn fitting them

·
Registered
390 Posts
Worth their weight in gold thgese sliders.
i saw a mate drop his RC 800 outside the dealers on some gravel,only broke his mirror.
i bought some on strength of this and a couple of months ago while stopping for a piss i turned round to see my bike rolling forward.
i spun round with dick hanging out of leathers and still squirting just in time to help brake its fall but it still went down with a bang.
Sorting myself out i carefully picked it up and couldnt believe it.
No damage anywhere,except to the slider itself and it even bent the fixing arm.
Worth every penny of the £149.00

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Worth their weight in gold thgese sliders.
i saw a mate drop his RC 800 outside the dealers on some gravel,only broke his mirror.
i bought some on strength of this and a couple of months ago while stopping for a piss i turned round to see my bike rolling forward.
i spun round with dick hanging out of leathers and still squirting just in time to help brake its fall but it still went down with a bang.
Sorting myself out i carefully picked it up and couldnt believe it.
No damage anywhere,except to the slider itself and it even bent the fixing arm.
Worth every penny of the £149.00
I know I shouldn't laugh, but that has just made me laugh . Glad the bike was OK.

·
Banned
64 Posts
The sliders

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that has just made me laugh . Glad the bike was OK.
Fitted them to my RC and took them off thought they spoilt the look of the bike , I also found that on the left side the bracket sat slightly behind fairing causing the puk to rub against it so I removed because there was a chance it would crack the fairing, shame though good quality item

·
Registered
390 Posts
Fitted them to my RC and took them off thought they spoilt the look of the bike , I also found that on the left side the bracket sat slightly behind fairing causing the puk to rub against it so I removed because there was a chance it would crack the fairing, shame though good quality item
Hope your bike never falls over but if it does you will be well pissed off.Dont expect to get fairing panels and tank quickly.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bought a set for my TV, Christmas present from me to me. Will probably get some front axle sliders too. With parts availability the way it is, as well as the cost, I think they'll be worth their weight in gold should they ever be called into play.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I looked at the R&G Frame Sliders for my Brutale, but didn't like their logo taking up real-estate on my bike, and the overall shape was just okay. The choices are limited but I settled on the Puig Sliders, they fit fine, and their logo is more subtle. Hopefully I will never have to find out how good they perform.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On fitting them I though they stood out like swollen dogs testicle but now I hardly notice them

R&G Fork Sliders
R&G Barends
R&G Aero Sliders
GB Racing Case Savers - again didn't like the look after installing them but have grown on me

·
Registered
390 Posts
The only thing i dont like about them as all the R&G products is having their name plastered all over the place.
Anyway thats why mine are now like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing i dont like about them as all the R&G products is having their name plastered all over the place.
Anyway thats why mine are now like this.
This is an awesome idea, where did you get the decal from?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I did the same on mine, albeit with just the MV logo in Silver, cut it of of vinyl.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I got them from another F3 RC owner that had them specially made.
I just happened to meet with him at my dealers when there for a service.
it was his bike that i saw fall over and thats the reason i bought the crash bungs in the 1st place.
I got 3 from him so i used the other one on my Radiator Guard where the R&G logo is.
They are made in the same way as the Tank Pads out of Gel just like the original R&G ones.
Sorry but dont actually know where he had them made but suppose it wouldnt be too hard to find someone that could do it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sorry but dont actually know where he had them made but suppose it wouldnt be too hard to find someone that could do it.
How about here? Group buy? Maybe worth getting a quote...

EDIT: Just found this site, works out at £54.18 for 40x delivered, so £1.30 each plus P&P.

Below with Brushed Silver backing or black. Many other options available but I reckon either would be universally acceptable, we would all have to have the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
They are domed labels, if there was sufficient interest I can make a run for people. Black or White background, 2016 corporate logo, 3D logo, F3, F4 etc. Basically anything you want in there and they will fit inside the recess in the R&G Sliders.

To do a run of a single design is £25.00, and for that there would be 5 sets. If you want something bespoke then it's £25 and you get 5 sets of your own.

The company that supplies all my vinyl does them.

If people want some done then shout and we can get some made up. I think I have every MV logo and font used. Examples attached.

edit: Just seen the previous post, cheaper than my guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
To do a run of a single design is £25.00, and for that there would be 5 sets. If you want something bespoke then it's £25 and you get 5 sets of your own.
5 sets being 10 in total I presume, not far off the same as the site I've linked to above. Would be £22.74 including VAT and their P&P costs for 10. Worth just ordering a batch to see what they're like. Of course if I ordered a bigger batch and sent them on there would be a second round of P&P to consider, an envelope and stamp, so not much, 64p for UK....

Will see if there's any interest over the next few days.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

EDIT: Just found this site, works out at £54.18 for 40x delivered, so £1.30 each plus P&P.

Below with Brushed Silver backing or black. Many other options available but I reckon either would be universally acceptable, we would all have to have the same.
If you buy 50 the price drops to £28.00 + shipping

1 - 20 of 66 Posts