MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the success of the thread "how well do you know your F4",
here a second part, and unfortunately not so funny for me.

Which part of my engine is hanging here on the magnet of the
oil discharge plug :(?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Because it's iron and not alloy, I'm going to say gear pieces. Which ones.........wouldn't have a clue :confused:

Hanspeter, I can't tell you how sorry I am too see this. I really enjoy your track exploits. I hope things work out for you soon.....And get back riding :yo:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'll guess it's the gear pieces you are missing in your other thread. I'm sure I have those gears laying around. Yours if you need them.

·
Administrator
18,868 Posts
yep...the teeth off your starter gear. That's what the magnet is for. Check the oil pump pick-up screen for more of it.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Clutchless shifting????
Don't start Ed, never used my clutch, never had a problem, watch my video's.
But I hear what you say, only I think it would damage the gearbox, not the starter gear, which should have been idling along.

I have a feeling that when Hans assembled his clutch, he did not mesh the gear but pushed onto it, so as it was running it tried to climb into it's rightfull place - if you look at the angle on the picture in the other thread you will see what I mean.

This happenend to me but I picked it up when turning the motor by hand, just ços I'm silly like that.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a feeling that when Hans assembled his clutch, he did not mesh the gear but pushed onto it, so as it was running it tried to climb into it's rightfull place - if you look at the angle on the picture in the other thread you will see what I mean.

This happenend to me but I picked it up when turning the motor by hand, just ços I'm silly like that.
can you explain a bit more what you mean? but to avoid confusion:
i did not remove the clutch basket, while i fixed the clutch. just the
clutch discs have been replaced. to make the mistake you are
mentioning would it not be necessary, to remove and add the clutch
basket with this 140 Nm big nut?

and no: i always use the clutch to shift.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because it's iron and not alloy, I'm going to say gear pieces. Which ones.........wouldn't have a clue :confused:

Hanspeter, I can't tell you how sorry I am too see this. I really enjoy your track exploits. I hope things work out for you soon.....And get back riding :yo:
thanks a lot for the very kind words. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Bugger

Well that destroys my suggestion Hanspeter, if you did not remove the clutch basket, then my mistake does not count here.

I would now, and I think you know this, remove the starter motor and starter gear coupling etc, and find out where the movement came from.
This is a new one for me and it's great to learn mate, I am just sorry that it's costing you money. Make sure to contact CAG if you need spares.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts