MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 800RR out today after it's winters rest and was unable to get the quickshifter to up shift. It worked fine down shifting, but not up.

I took it out of the custom mode and put it in sport mode, as I believe it should always work in sport, still no upshifting.

Is there something I should look at?

Are the force gauges known to fail in one direction only?

·
Registered
590 Posts
On my Dragster it was having issues only with downshifting to start with but over time was having issues in both directions. I think it's due to water ingress into the unit, I'd checked all the connections and all were good, sprayed some WD40 into the thing as others had had some success with that but it made no difference for me.
My bike is now at the dealer for a week or so (other minor niggles to sort) and first they want to update the map to see if it cures the quickshifter problem. I'm expecting it to be exactly the same and have to wait on a replacement part.
Although without having the QS working over the last while I've been learning clutchless upshifts (I've only been riding a couple of years, knew nothing about this until recently) and find it's just as quick just that you don't have that constant throttle on POP as you change.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My quickshifter stopped working on downshifts after riding in very bad weather, the strain gauge was replaced under warranty. 1500 miles later it's happened again - after riding in heavy rain it was intermittently working, then stopped downshifting. A few days later, when it should have dried out, it also stopped upshifting. Thankfully another couple of weeks later it is working fine on upshifts again, but still not on downshifts. Waiting to here from my dealer about a replacement.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Mine did this and i put it down to water ingress

Now every few rides i squirt a load of wd40 on the unit, especially the cable that goes into the unit. Touch wood a year later and 7000 miles with no issues

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A cleaning and ACF-50 on the connectors solved the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same here; got home yesterday evening and attacked the QS housing with ACF-50.

This morning's ride was faultless
Mine stopped upshifting after winter storage. Spoke to my dealer and he said it needed to be replaced under warranty, but also mentioned that getting parts is troublesome atm...

I'll order some AFC-50 and have a go too.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Even if you think something has dried out moisture can still be hiding in there. Takes WD or similar to drive it out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Had some issues with this, in rain, but I just turned it off, and tried it later, no issues.
It always start working after a few days. Have not tried the WD trick, but maybe I should just to avoid this problem :)

·
Banned
64 Posts
I had a dragster that had a intermittant QS then it stopped working altogether had it to the dealers replaced under warranty ok , now I've traded it in for the new f3 800 RC QS was ok for about 300 miles then starts playing up !!! Ok when cold but after running for a while and a few gear changes later starts to be intermittant and finally doesn't work at all ?? Going in for service next week gonna get them to check it over but I've clutch less gear changed for years so it's not to much of a problem to me but I rather like the popping you get from the QS open throttle lol sounds fantastic when giving it a fistful ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
WD40 not working for me, despite the bike being totally dry for four weeks and ridden in the sunshine quickshifter has stopped working completely now.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Was the same for me r6ymy, tried contact cleaners n wd40 etc but nothing made it work. Surprisingly a re-map did. Worth a try.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Throw that thing in the bin and get a decent load sensor in there.
I think MV uses Translogic parts with a different sticker. I thought Translogic made good quality QShifters. My SP electronics one works all the time. :loser:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts