MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

The quickshifter has never worked on my 2015 Rivale.

I presumed it was a faulty quick shift sensor, trouble is I have now replaced the sensor with an aftermarket unit ant still does not work 馃槙

Before anybody asks its switched to on on the dash.

The only other thing I can think it could be is maybe the clutch switch is faulty ie thinking the clutch is pulled in all the time?

Is there any way of testing this before I shell out more money trying to identify the fault.

Any other ideas what it could be?

All help and advice appreciated 馃憤馃徎

Registered
2015 Rivale (Red/Silver)
You can test the clutch switch by turning on the ignition and pressing the start button. The bike shouldn鈥檛 turn over until you squeeze the clutch lever.
The quickshifter on my Rivale has just packed up after six years and 13k miles. I鈥檓 waiting on delivery of a second hand unit from Australia which should arrive in the next few days. I鈥檓 keeping my fingers crossed that it solves my problem as I really do miss the convenience of the QS.

Super Moderator
From what I just read inthe manual, if the bike is in neutral, and the side stand is down, you don't need to pull the clutch to start the bike. Of course, with MV manuals, this is not an absolute....

Product Schematic Rectangle Line Font

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tested switch on ohms meter, goes from 1 with clutch disengaged to 0.00 when engaged, does this sound normal?

Super Moderator
Tested switch on ohms meter, goes from 1 with clutch disengaged to 0.00 when engaged, does this sound normal?
Don't know the scale you used, but yes.

Reactions: DazMoody

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
God knows what it could be then?

Switch is OK, new sensor fitted and working checking the resistance in it, what else could cause it not to work?

Totally baffled by it 馃檮

Registered
2015 Rivale (Red/Silver)
From what I just read inthe manual, if the bike is in neutral, and the side stand is down, you don't need to pull the clutch to start the bike. Of course, with MV manuals, this is not an absolute....

View attachment 488818
My Rivale will only start with the clutch lever pulled in irrespective of whether the side stand is down or not.

Registered
ECU reboot at dealers required maybe.?

Super Moderator
Well, if you are going to go that route, first pull your battery negative lead and leave it that way overnight. Then reconnect the battery negative and see if that reset the electronics. Sometime all it takes in a good downpower.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, if you are going to go that route, first pull your battery negative lead and leave it that way overnight. Then reconnect the battery negative and see if that reset the electronics. Sometime all it takes in a good downpower.
Ah nice 1 will give that a go tomorrow as I'm out for a ride Thurs morning, thanks for that 馃憤馃徎

Registered
I believe the quick shifter gives a momentary interrupt signal so there is no spark for a very short duration. I would concentrate your efforts on the upshift function first because the downshift has additional complications involving the auto blip and engine braking settings. What type of aftermarket quick shifter mechanism did you install? This might get complicated. I would probably go back to the OEM one first and see why it didn't work.

And before you get to that point you need a non-exploding clutch basket. Did you get TSB 214 done yet?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Rivale does up shifts only

It's a shifting controll unit

Just been for another ride no change 馃檮

Registered
Hi

The quickshifter has never worked on my 2015 Rivale.

I presumed it was a faulty quick shift sensor, trouble is I have now replaced the sensor with an aftermarket unit ant still does not work 馃槙

Before anybody asks its switched to on on the dash.

The only other thing I can think it could be is maybe the clutch switch is faulty ie thinking the clutch is pulled in all the time?

Is there any way of testing this before I shell out more money trying to identify the fault.

Any other ideas what it could be?

All help and advice appreciated 馃憤馃徎
I would start with looking at the clutch switch- if it's the hydraulic type - they have been notoriously unreliable. I have the TVL and my friendly dealer suggested I switch to the electric type, common on many bikes, from the F4. It mounts on the clutch lever perch.
The owners manual for TVL states 2 conditions under which the bike will start : The gear is in neutral with the clutch lever up.
The gear is engaged with the lever up and the side stand up.
My bike has it's own third option - gear in neutral, side stand up or down, clutch lever not pulled
I'm waiting for the electrical switch to arrive.
Don't throw away your original q/s switch till you get this sorted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a cable clutch, I've tested the switch and all seems good, plus it won't start unless the clutch is pulled in.

It really is baffling?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right just ordered another clutch switch, just incase somehow the current one is telling the bike I am using the clutch to shift, if it doesn't cure the problem I shall return the part, worth a shot I suppose 馃檮

1 - 16 of 16 Posts