MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just started having issues with the quickshifter on the Rivale. I have been enjoying quick shifting through gears since buying the bike 3months ago, then half way through a ride on Friday I noticed the bike would no longer quickshift. QS setting was still set to 'on' but I turned it off and the back on, turned the bike off and back on.. Still not working. Since then I have checked the connection plug, which looked dirty so I removed it and soldered the wires. Took it for a spin to check my handy work, quickshifted through 1, 2, 3.. Took a corner.. Tried again to go through gears.. Nothing. No quickshift!

Anybody experienced anything similar??

·
Registered
445 Posts
Since then I have checked the connection plug, which looked dirty so I removed it and soldered the wires.
I spent 8 years doing avionics on Tomcats, never repaired corroded connectors like that.

I would let the warranty fix that before removing connectors, but that's just me.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+10

I spent 8 years doing avionics on Tomcats, never repaired corroded connectors like that.

I would let the warranty fix that before removing connectors, but that's just me.
My thoughts exactly.:ahhh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you check the wire going into the strain gauge?
Yes, that was wired to the connector. Strain Gauge works, only very unreliably. I'm going to let the warranty fix it but it's not possible for me to get it in for a service just at the moment. Soldering the wires was one way of being sure the connector wasn't responsible for the fault..obviously.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone on here said they had sprayed wd40 on their qs several times to cure issues.
It seems to be working a little bit more consistently this morning but I'll give that a whirl. Thanks Jono.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone on here said they had sprayed wd40 on their qs several times to cure issues.
It seems to be working a little bit more consistently this morning but I'll give that a whirl. Thanks Jono.

Just wanted to check back in and update anyone reading this quote for guidance with same sort of issue. The issue appears to have been resolved now after giving it a good going over with WD40. I put a cloth behind the quickshift and sprayed the top collar as I moved the gear lever up and down. The WD40 gets sucked in to the QS unit. So far appears to be running great. YAY!

Thanks again Jono :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Great - glad it worked for you. Actually if I remember it was Dean who posted it. Not had the prob myself but I have an aftermarket qs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts