MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2013 F3. I an trying to work out whether the bike has the electronic quickshift or not. The manual states the following
(*): This function is present only on certain models;
available in aftermarket on all models

In the mode settings you can turn it on and off, but it doesn't make any difference so I am trying to work out whether its actually fitter or just not working?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
You should be able to see the module on the gear lever linkage, if it's "enabled" in your settings, that should be all you have to do. Do you know how to use it ?

Ps. Welcome to the forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I can't remember if the quick shifter was standard fitment on the F3's or not, or if it was standard on the 800 and an option on the 675? It was an optional extra on the Brutale's. Think they are standard fitment on all models now.
As Don says, you will see it attached to the engine end of the gear shifter rod if you have one. If not you can buy one and add it to it, there are a few aftermarket options which are "plug and play' and they are cheaper than getting one from MV.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I thought the QS was standard in 2013 for the 675. I believe in 2012 it was an option.
It may well have been, i'm just speculating. I do know though that for the Brutale's the QS was an option in 2013 and standard for 2014. But then again different countries may have had different spec's? Also a bike bought and registered may not have been built that year, it could be a 2012 build spec?

If its there, it's there, if its not then get one ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
In the states you can still get the non EAS Brutale's. Dont know about F3's. But obviously the easy answer is to just look at the shift linkage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the quick response and the photo. Good news is it has one and its MV branded so it probably was standard. Even better it will be still under warranty.

·
Registered
307 Posts
For Australian market, 2013 models 800s come with QS as standard. I haven't seen any without yet. If you can enable it in menu, it should mean you have it. As on Donsy's photo, check it out on the left side of the bike, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
if you have it in the menu ist doesnt mean you have it!!!!

In my case with an 675 from 2012 i could activate it in the menu altough i even havent got the qs nore the cable on the ecu for the qs.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you have it in the menu ist doesnt mean you have it!!!!

In my case with an 675 from 2012 i could activate it in the menu altough i even havent got the qs nore the cable on the ecu for the qs.......
My F3 675 havent got the qs too! Does anybody know much is approximenty cost to put orginal QS on bike?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I found it cheaper to buy after market than the MV one, quite a saving. I've got a Cordona one but SP electronics also do them cheaper still and they are both Plug and Play, Design Corse sell them both.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have this one which is plug and play, (its the second picture on the page, not the first one with all the electronics) just needed to hook up a live to the back light for the adjustable strain gauge unit, you can adjust it between 0-40kg before it activates. It also can be set up to use in either direction (push or pull) the SP one you need to make sure you order the right one.
http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f3-parts/f3-quick-shifter-kits/cordona-quickshifter-kit-detail

Lacsap has the SP one fitted to his Brutale, send him a message to ask him what he thinks of it.

I see HM also do one now too, wasn't an option when I bought mine.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have this one which is plug and play, (its the second picture on the page, not the first one with all the electronics) just needed to hook up a live to the back light for the adjustable strain gauge unit, you can adjust it between 0-40kg before it activates. It also can be set up to use in either direction (push or pull) the SP one you need to make sure you order the right one.
http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f3-parts/f3-quick-shifter-kits/cordona-quickshifter-kit-detail

Lacsap has the SP one fitted to his Brutale, send him a message to ask him what he thinks of it.

I see HM also do one now too, wasn't an option when I bought mine.
Ackers, does you QS have the up AND downshift option??

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Well you can set it for up OR down so if you wanted to change to a race style gearbox you wouldn't need to buy a new shifter (or move it) but the option to change up AND down is controlled by the ECU and not the shifter. If the ECU on my bike could do that, I'm not sure if my shifter would accommodate it?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I indeed have the SP one. It's a simple device and works perfectly. The Cordona one is probably the better but also more expensive. I have had the normal shift version and currently have the reversed shift version thanks to Al.
The normal (pull) version is sturdy and smooth. The reversed (push) version requires a bit of a farmers foot.

I would advise the Cordona one when useing reversed shift.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ackers,

If I recall the race ecu that MV sells >1000 euro will allow the bike to do the clutchless auto blipping downshifts with no change but the ecu.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Ackers,

If I recall the race ecu that MV sells >1000 euro will allow the bike to do the clutchless auto blipping downshifts with no change but the ecu.

Have you seen it happen anywhere :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 48 Posts