MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Dragster quick shifts down but after around 10 mins of riding it won't quick shift up, any ideas? Seems intermittent and based on heat.
(1,200 miles)
Thanks,
Dom

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had this on my Dragster RR, a map update cured it for a while then when I adjusted my gear lever height it stopped working again. At the dealer for other things & this now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jogort,
is a map update a dealer fix?
Mines an RR and well in the warranty but quite a truck to the dealer!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah done at the dealer, not saying it will help but worth a shot, I wasn't expecting it to fix my issues as I thought the sensor was gubbed.
As for trek to the dealer, I feel ya, mines 250km away.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just loosen up and tighten back up the bolt on the sensor. Sometimes you need to find the right bolt torque setting for those sensors.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Those sensors are super sensitive. The dealer ordered me a new one and installed it at the recommended 6nm. Still not right, then backed it off to 4.5nm. Now it`s perfect. Anytime you move that bolt the likelihood of problems surfaces. This was an F4 but the sensor should be the same.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Just loosen up and tighten back up the bolt on the sensor. Sometimes you need to find the right bolt torque setting for those sensors.
Those sensors are super sensitive. The dealer ordered me a new one and installed it at the recommended 6nm. Still not right, then backed it off to 4.5nm. Now it`s perfect. Anytime you move that bolt the likelihood of problems surfaces. This was an F4 but the sensor should be the same.
The Dragster doesn't use the same quickshifter as the F4's guys.:stickpoke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts