MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the SPR up to Buttonwillow yesterday, and the throttle was driving me crazy.

On my 929 I had an HRC quick turn throttle, it was a very short twist to WFO.

The MV's throttle has to be a longer twist than the 929 was stock, much less with the HRC part. This was messing me up on track, I was having trouble backing off enough to shift, and then get it back to WFO.

Has anyone tried a quick turn throttle on their MV?

Also, the throttle return spring is so stiff! It makes it tougher to do small throttle adjustments, especially in corners. Anyone ever messed with this?

Otherwise, great bike, too bad I was riding it so slow/poorly yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
luvtolean said:
Also, the throttle return spring is so stiff! It makes it tougher to do small throttle adjustments, especially in corners. Anyone ever messed with this?

Otherwise, great bike, too bad I was riding it so slow/poorly yesterday.
Yes, that's one of my major complains about my MV (the throttle stiffness and quirkness).
It trully sucks and can ruin your riding experience with the MV :stickpoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
There are two return springs. Unspring/Uncoil the left spring so it is slack on the perch. Brought to you by Preston/yahoogroups.

Sorry I can't find a picture but don't believe I had to remove the airbox eyebrow to access this. Used needlenose. I'll have a look at lunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
how timely.

on my ride yesterday, my hand was aching from holding the throttle open. and i ride a LOT (almost every day) so it's not a conditioning issue. never noticed that problem with othe bikes.

i wonder how hard it would be to replace the springs....

and a quick-turn design - you need to change the size of the throttle pulley to FI pulley ratio, right?

alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JamesC said:
There are two return springs. Unspring/Uncoil the left spring so it is slack on the perch. Brought to you by Preston/yahoogroups.

Sorry I can't find a picture but don't believe I had to remove the airbox eyebrow to access this. Used needlenose. I'll have a look at lunch.

:) Thanks man, that will help quite a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Hey guys I'm having trouble with the throttle been hard on the wrist. someone said just to take a few turns out of the spring this will give the spring less tension? anyone tried this it's starting to drive me crazy the throttle like someone else said it's rather hard to be smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,007 Posts
JamesC said:
Removing the left spring is the best method IMO. That spring is quite tight and won't take kindly to "taking a few turns out" :) I'll take pictures once I get home unless you want camera phone quality now :laughing:
James..Pete here.
Mate that would be great if you could get pictures of what you've done.
I'd be very interested in doing this mod.

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JamesC said:
Removing the left spring is the best method IMO. That spring is quite tight and won't take kindly to "taking a few turns out" :) I'll take pictures once I get home unless you want camera phone quality now :laughing:
:) I can wait. I'm pretty sure I know which one you're talking about though, and the eybrow doesn't need to be removed if it's the one I'm thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
JamesC said:
Took some pics. It's correct above and shown unsprung as follows.
Easiest to just pull the straight end of the spring out from that forward block to unspring it.

:smoking:

So that spring is doing nothing there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
MV-999R said:
:smoking:

So that spring is doing nothing there?
As you can see, neither end of the torsion spring it touching a stopper, so doing nothing in that position, bar adding weight :laughing:

At a guess the recommended method would beat the hell out of pulling it down to remove it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steptoe said:
As you can see, neither end of the torsion spring it touching a stopper, so doing nothing in that position, bar adding weight :laughing:

At a guess the recommended method would beat the hell out of pulling it down to remove it.
If you're good with a Dremel you could get it out...but it's kinda like, why?

If you leave it there, you can reattach it if you, or the next owner, feel like it.

Thanks again James. :smoking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
luvtolean said:
If you're good with a Dremel you could get it out...but it's kinda like, why?

If you leave it there, you can reattach it if you, or the next owner, feel like it.

Thanks again James. :smoking:
Let me know how it feels after you unspring it, since my MV is immobilised now. :bawling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,387 Posts
JamesC said:
Sarcasm or do you really think it's warranted? I guess an old issue that's been around a long time...

As above, a PITA to get off and why bother. Easily resprung if needed later.
Of course it should be in your FAQ's :guitarist
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top