MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my project for this year is try to get a quick shift for my bike which do you guys think is the best option and can I find up and down function for this model ?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
the 2010 is not fly by wire so would be a complete pain to add up and down shift, i.e QS & Blipper. Adding a QS is straight forward, quite a few on the market, I don't have a personal recommendation as I've not fitted one to a 2010. Sure someone will chip in soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2010 is not fly by wire so would be a complete pain to add up and down shift, i.e QS & Blipper. Adding a QS is straight forward, quite a few on the market, I don't have a personal recommendation as I've not fitted one to a 2010. Sure someone will chip in soon.
Thanks for your reply 👍

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
I have a Healtech quickshifter on my bike,works well,upshift only.
Bluetooth,so all settings are done through your phone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fly by wire is a requirement for throttle blip down shifts-just watched it on YouTube. However, for up shifts there are several manufactures that make them. I'm not sure which ones are the cat's ass as I never had it on a bike until now but on the track it has been a popular grade for at least the last ten years, MOTO GP longer.

I guess I'll start trying it out on the bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Healtech quickshifter on my bike,works well,upshift only.
Bluetooth,so all settings are done through your phone.
Thanks mate I’m thinking about the starlane quick shifter apparently the MV Agusta my 13 uses the starlane sensor ,so I’m assuming that the quick shifter should also ok for my model but the Healtech us also a very good option and cheaper

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use the Healtech on my 2011 F4 as well. Works well on upshift. Interestingly, I cannot blip the throttle on downshift unless I grab a good handful.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use the Healtech on my 2011 F4 as well. Works well on upshift. Interestingly, I cannot blip the throttle on downshift unless I grab a good handful.
Hi mate good morning,did you fit the QS yourself? I’m gonna try to fit the one I’m gonna buy just a couple of things, the wiring harness goes straight to coils of the motorcycle ?because I saw some images of the coils and they look like one piece and if it goes on the coils do I have to remove all the air box ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, I fit it my self. All wiring is plug in, no cutting or splicing of wires required. I know the tank definitely comes off, can't remember if the airbox as well, but once the tanks is off the airbox is not that big a deal. Setup is via Bluetooth and mobile phone. All I have ever done on the setup is lessen the sensitivity of the sensor.
I mounted the control box under the pillion seat with valcro.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
The harness goes to injector plugs on a MV unless the 2010 models are different to 1st generation MV’s.Easy to fit and very good support from Healtech if you strike issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The harness goes to injector plugs on a MV unless the 2010 models are different to 1st generation MV’s.Easy to fit and very good support from Healtech if you strike issues.
Ok ,so I’m assuming that will not go straight ont the spark plug coils ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I fit it my self. All wiring is plug in, no cutting or splicing of wires required. I know the tank definitely comes off, can't remember if the airbox as well, but once the tanks is off the airbox is not that big a deal. Setup is via Bluetooth and mobile phone. All I have ever done on the setup is lessen the sensitivity of the sensor.
Thanks ollymv
thanks ollymv for your help mate another user said that the harness will go on the injector plugs I’m assuming that should be the right way ,have a good day

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi ollymv,hope all good with you mate ,just 2 questions for you if you can reply of course I got Healtech Quickshifter my bike is similar to yours ,although I know that vary from person to person,do you have any settings just for my to start with?another one is the conical washers the deep part will go against the sensor or is the way around?kind regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi ollymv,hope all good with you mate ,just 2 questions for you if you can reply of course I got Healtech Quickshifter my bike is similar to yours ,although I know that vary from person to person,do you have any settings just for my to start with?another one is the conical washers the deep part will go against the sensor or is the way around?kind regards
Another thing that I would like to ask to everyone is if those Chip Open ECU EPROM actually work or if is just money to the bin ?

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
Have a read here-

·
Registered
119 Posts
Place the conical washers at the two sides of the sensor like this: (0). (see attached pic for more details).
As for setup, I left everything default. The only thing I adjusted is the sensitivity of the sensor. As my bike lives in the lounge, I cant get the readings (bike needs to be started)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Place the conical washers at the two sides of the sensor like this: (0). (see attached pic for more details).
As for setup, I left everything default. The only thing I adjusted is the sensitivity of the sensor. As my bike lives in the lounge, I cant get the readings (bike needs to be started)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your bike lives in the lounge ? Oh gosh you remember me a friend of mine hu says I don’t ride bike and that I should put the bike in the middle of the living .😂😂😂😂 have a great day mate and keep safe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts