MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Just had a two quick questions:

1) I saw on the F4 forum links they were talking about sticker guards for protection. I was wondering if anyone one can recommend such protection for a brutale? Which one is the best and so forth...

2) I was also wondering if I should keep the crate that my Brutale Oro was shipped in? It is the original crate from Italy. Is keeping this huge friggen box in my basement worth it? I was thinking to pitch it but realized how certain items are worth more if you have the original packing. If it's not worth my trouble, please let me know.

Thanks again!
Johnny

·
Registered
188 Posts
And the box it came in

As to the crate, it is a rather plain vanilla affair made from sheets of plywood, approximately 4mm thick. The sheets are joined in the corners with a sheet metal strip, painted red, approximately 2 inches wide and use a nasty steel rivet that is quite sharp and rough on the inside.

The crate says MV Agusta and Cagiva in red letters 8 inches high and not particularly exciting. I kept one panel and trimmed the steel strips from the ends, and sanded the edges. If I had to do it again, I'd probably pass on saving it.

Attached is a photo of my bike and the Tucson dealer, Steve Spreter, Renaissance Motors, giving me a thumbs up, while standing in front of the crate. Sadly, I do not have a better photo of the crate.

Best wishes,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does keeping the crate add value to my bike...say for a collector?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts