MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If you're talking about those 2 small triangle shaped thingys, the answer is no.

But they have a wellnut that goes into the airbox that you're supposed to change every time you remove/reinstall.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was talking about the triangle shaped panels. I did so searching and have become aware of the wellnut issue.
So now my next question is can you see the back side of the wellnut after you remove the plastic inlet side covers to check to see if they were damaged when the screw was removed?
I’m asking these questions because I’m thinking about replacing my stock inlet panels with the carbon fiber panels and I’m wondering if I’ll have to put in new wellnuts in the process? Is it sometimes possible that the wellnuts don’t get damaged when the screws are removed?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Correct.

As far as well nuts, I think MV is doing away with them.
I saw none in the airbox. (screws straight into plastic)
The only ones I see are holding various panels on.

JamesC said:
He's talking about a Brutale guys. Are there open wellnuts for these panels on a Brutale?

BTW, EDIT: I don't believe so, they thread in to a hard mount afaik?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Back to the original question. I think you're referring to the panels that are attached to lower, forward section of the tank. There are three screws holding them to the tank, you'll have to raise the tank to access them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My apologies guys, I thought the wellnut issue also pertained to the Brutale. I wasn’t aware the issue was with regard to the F-4 only. Now that I think about it that makes sense since the air inlets on the F-4 come from the front and the Brutale inlet panel I was talking about is directly attached to the fuel tank/air box.
Thanks for pointing out this difference. Now all I have to do is look into what it takes to raise the tank far enough to access the screws to remove the inlet panels that I’m considering replacing with the C/F.
Thanks for your input!
George

1 - 11 of 11 Posts