MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my fork sliders and fender eliminator; however, was hesitant on putting on the frame sliders. I do not have a any torque tools to verify that I am at 40 ft/lbs as the notes are very explicit on not over tightening. Also it asks to support the engine with blocks, but with no underside frame I am not sure how to do that w/o causing some damage. Should I just have a local shop do this? Or can I pick up a cheap tool to check torque and just slip these bad boys in?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Installed my fork sliders and fender eliminator; however, was hesitant on putting on the frame sliders. I do not have a any torque tools to verify that I am at 40 ft/lbs as the notes are very explicit on not over tightening. Also it asks to support the engine with blocks, but with no underside frame I am not sure how to do that w/o causing some damage. Should I just have a local shop do this? Or can I pick up a cheap tool to check torque and just slip these bad boys in?
I had mine installed at my next tire change by my local MV shop and labor cost was negligible in comparison of me unbolting the engine from the frame and having something go wrong. I figured I would spend a few dollars for convenience and peace of mind ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
On previous bikes I have used a car jack and a block of wood to support the engine under the sump or on the exhaust headers when fitting crash bungs. Usually a rear paddock stand or abba stand is used to help support the bike to, the abba stand is my preffered method as it's more stable.

You can pick up a ( insert a suitable size for your sockets ) torque wrench with a 10 to 100ft/lb range fairly cheaply and its a tool that will come in handy time and time again.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dont put them on. Those same sliders cracked part of my engine. They saved the bike but looking back, I should have just totaled the bike & got a new one.. My MV was out for like 4 months.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Take a look at these versions:naughty:

https://www.designcorse.co.uk/Frame_Sliders/Frame_Sliders_Carbon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts