MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the very proud new owner of a 2002 Senna I purchased this weekend. Did I say very proud. I meant very very proud. The prior owner was a little short (vertically challenged) so he apparently lowered the fork tubes in the triples and set the ride height as low as possible. Anyone out there able to tell me the "stock" settings for the Senna (numberof rings showing on the forks, rear ride height)? Much thanks to the helpful members of this forum, which I have been following for some time....

Phil

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ok mine has 3 rings showing (14mm) when standindg at side of bike, and when the bike is on the race stand (supplied) it is 1010mm to centre of rear mid pipe outlet from the ground.
You simply loosen the two turnbuckle screws and turn turnbuckle untill you get this measurement.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
If you look at the lower triple clamp the fork leg has a step in it just above the clamp, a measurement from the clamp to this step would be far more accurate, from memory the 1000 is about 7mm from the clamp to the step, lowered ride height would be a larger measurement :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice guys. Anyone have any actual measurements to supplement the recommendations? From my searches, seems like 23mm exposed thread between the rear adjusters, and 14mm (three rings showing) above the top triple. But anyone with some definitive numbers please add to the list, by whatever measurement method you specify.

Phil

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I had the opposite problem, the bike was setup way too hard. The manual will show you what the standard settings are, so try this first.

I've set the MV to the standard settings and find this setting to be perfect for my weight, riding style and road that I usually ride. The twisties here (Sydney) is not glass smooth like a racetrack so I needed to adjust the MV accordingly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts