MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the VIN# anywhere on the bike other than the head tube? The previous owner has powdered the frame and I can't find the VIN# - so I can't title it as they have to inspect the bike since I bought it out of state.

Is there a way around this or does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
398 Posts
anthony,

Do you have any good connections within law enforcement? I think you can get a police officer to come out to your house and look at the vehicle and sign an affidavit saying the bike meets vin#.

I did this with a company vehicle from Ohio when I brought it back to Indiana.

This has been quite a few years but I am 100% sure I called the local sheriff's department in my county and they dispatched someone out to my address and he looked at the vin the title and signed a piece of paper saying it was okay.

Might give you time to explain why you are having trouble. Just a thought

·
Registered
474 Posts
Australian bikes come with a compliance plate which has the same VIN stamped on it. But they have to match for an inspection anyway.

I think it is DREMEL time :bawling:

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was getting the chemical removers out to go to town on the headstock and was inspecting it very closely with the front end taken off to see if I could tell where the vin was and I noticed some tiny dots. Score - the vin was visible, but just barely. It took me about 20 minuets to actually read the entire thing with moving the lighting around. It is so hard to read, but it is there.

I am going to have an officer come out tomorrow to sign the affidavit. He is going to be pissed because he can't really read it, but oh well, it is there and is correct.

Before I saw the VIN I called the station and explained the situation and tried to talk him into letting it slide, but he said he can't and that it is a big deal and all kinds of other jazz.

Thanks for the ideas guys, luckily this all worked out fine.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anthony,

Are you selling the bike already?

I thought I saw it on ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts