MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look out my window this morning and what's that I see? A *dry* road? Can't remember the last time I saw one of them, sometime in October I think..

So, not wanting to waste a minute I throw some Cornflakes down my neck and ran to get the F4 out. I wizzed off down to OnYerBike to check out the new 1098, and pretty soon I realised the dryness was localised to my street, everywhere else was wet and greasy.

Parked up, grabbed a coffee, ogled the new Duc, met a retired guy who's just bought a '01 F4, another who's looking for one, and another who wanted to buy mine. (Not for sale yet!)

Half an hour later and I think I've risked it enough. The sky's getting black and there's an ill wind. So I blast off back the way I came and no sooner was the red thing back in the garage than the sky opened.

A typical English winter day, but aint it just great to get a quick fix of revs after weeks without it!!

Si

Ps. Oh, and it's about 8 degrees outside, and the bike *still* ran up to 100 DegC pootling through town for two minutes!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I haven't ridden my MV for over a month now but at least I get out on the Duke when the weather relents for a while. It started out nice today albeit windy but now it's pissing down again. :banghead: :bawling: :piss:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Roads are starting to flood down here, but just checked on the Beeb and the forecast for tomorrow (for Woking, at least) is very rideable - 12 degrees, dry & sunny.

Unfortunately my annual strip-down's in progress, and tomorrow I'll be lifting the chassis off, removing the cam cover, and seeing how the notorious marks on the cam lobes have progressed over the last year......

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I know how you feel, but we don't get flooding (rarely) or snow in Sydney. This year has been a is a really strange summer. The weather is more like spring temperatures - low 20 to low 30 degrees!!

Well you guys need to take a trip down to Sydney Australia. Even though there has been a little rain on and off for a couple of days. The weather has been perfect for riding.

Here's a picture I took just before new years day. Like I said perfect riding weather. Don't worry your spring and summer is comming just around the corner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts