MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I thought the down pipes were different.

They may be different at the joint to the mid section but he's talking about a whole system John so Donsy's about right.

He may have to think about the attachment of the mid section to the little bracket atthe frame side plate. I seem to recall some minor difference there but nothing major.

joe

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts

I thought the 750 down pipes were shorter in length than the ones used on the 1000's.. I thought you could get away with fitting a 1000 set up on a 750, but not the other way round.

Mark at Timemachine would be the person to ask..

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only ask because I want to have an exhaust system built for my F4 1000 but the fabricator only has access to a 2002 F4 750 to mock it up on.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
I only ask because I want to have an exhaust system built for my F4 1000 but the fabricator only has access to a 2002 F4 750 to mock it up on.
As far as I'm aware, the 750 down pipes will be to close to the sump on the 1000cc motor..

But you're welcome to go ahead with Donsy and Joe's advice.. They seem to be the experts.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm nothing like a local supplier. Do you go to Delhi for a take away curry ha ha ?
Did you see the system he built for himself in the performance section?! It's beautiful! I want one for my bike too. I can get the full system for the price of the Bodis slip-on.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
While not claiming to be an expert of any sort, I have installed the headers and midpipe from a SPR onto a 1078 F4, yes the clearance at the sump becomes a bit tight, no it's not a problem.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
As far as I'm aware, the 750 down pipes will be to close to the sump on the 1000cc motor..

But you're welcome to go ahead with Donsy and Joe's advice.. They seem to be the experts.

Nah ..I'm no expert John...Just had the benefit of fitting different pipes when going through the early stages of my project build..:smoking:

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
So if I wanted to be very safe I could just ask him to give it about a cm more clearance under the motor when he mocks it up?
Be careful saying a cm, that might be a bit much... The best is getting the right exhaust as a reference.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
While not claiming to be an expert of any sort, I have installed the headers and midpipe from a SPR onto a 1078 F4, yes the clearance at the sump becomes a bit tight, no it's not a problem.
Nah ..I'm no expert John...Just had the benefit of fitting different pipes when going through the early stages of my project build..:smoking:
Fair enough guys... I broke one of my rules of " don't give advice unless specifically asked to" and from now on will stay out of these situations and leave it to those who prefer to carry that responsibility.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
The first 750 headers where quite different when compared to the later EVO 2&3 models as I'm sure you're aware John, including a twin midpipe version. The differences from the 750 to the 1000 motors and again later the 1078, was the cylinder head height.
I think from memory, there was a change in the cylinder heads between the EVO 1 and EVO 2 heads, then the size stayed the same upto the introduction of the 1078, maybe Hans can give us the right info here?
As for giving extra length, just 5mm will be enough.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Fair enough guys... I broke one of my rules of " don't give advice unless specifically asked to" and from now on will stay out of these situations and leave it to those who prefer to carry that responsibility.

But through your advice John we all learned something new ( self included ) so I'm more than interested in your advice..So chuck away the rule book :)

The learning curve is steep and it gets steeper. The more I know the more I realize I don't know...

Joe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts