MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I screwed up. I'm not sure where I got the numbers, but the chrome quick connects I ordered to replace the plastic ones are too big.

Of course, I mangled one of the plastic fittings while removing it (how are you supposed to get those out without damaging them? There is no room to both get a tool in there AND turn it.

Anyhow, I'm off to the stealer in the morning in order to buy a replacement plastic fitting, but I'd sure like to switch over to something sturdier. Does anyone know the necessary information to order an appropriate replacement?

Thanks,

-Hunter

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind,

I found the right part number. I have no idea how I wound up ordering the wrong part. I'll call Omega in the morning and see if they'll take an exchange.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
giomanach said:
I screwed up. I'm not sure where I got the numbers, but the chrome quick connects I ordered to replace the plastic ones are too big.

Of course, I mangled one of the plastic fittings while removing it (how are you supposed to get those out without damaging them? There is no room to both get a tool in there AND turn it.

Anyhow, I'm off to the stealer in the morning in order to buy a replacement plastic fitting, but I'd sure like to switch over to something sturdier. Does anyone know the necessary information to order an appropriate replacement?

Thanks,

-Hunter
I did the same thing, I suspect you got the info from the "faq blogspot" web site, it was wrong, I think it has been altered now

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I did the same thing, I suspect you got the info from the "faq blogspot" web site, it was wrong, I think it has been altered now
I ordered part # FT-LCD100-04 and FT-LCD230-06 (2 each)

Are these the correct numbers?? I have not tried to install them yet and would like to be spared a headache. :bash:

John T

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
airfuel said:
I ordered part # FT-LCD100-04 and FT-LCD230-06 (2 each)

Are these the correct numbers?? I have not tried to install them yet and would like to be spared a headache. :bash:

John T
These are the correct nr's

P/N FT-LCD100-04 - Coupling Body or threaded part that fits into tank
P/N FT-LCD230-06 - Hose Barb or part that fits on hose

and they are on : http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/fuel-line-fittings.html

And sure it is correct as I fitted them and made the pics.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
giomanach said:
Hi Hunter,

Altoon on here has been dealing with this issue over the last few days and has spare metal fittings if I remember correctly - he's also in CA. Perhaps he can chime in. The FAQ was corrected but the old numbers were used by at least 3 people successfully so I'm not sure what happened either - the number issue turned up when Mike went to swap his and couldn't. Anyway the new numbers were confirmed by Hans as well.

I have sent out all my spare fittings over time I'm afraid or I'd offer to overnight one to you.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've got the right ones.
Just put a set into my F4. Did both the fuel pump output and the return line. Works great.

Let me know if you want a set. I can send them to you. They are $11/ea. You'll need 4 (two on the tank, two on the fuel lines) if you want to do a full swap.

BTW, that price was my cost.

Not sure what shipping will be, but if you're in the USA, it's about $4 to get them in two days.

Let me know.

Alex

·
Registered
878 Posts
altoon said:
They are $11/ea. You'll need 4 (two on the tank, two on the fuel lines) if you want to do a full swap.
Alex
I just bought some from Omega recently. They are $12.39 & $12.62 plus shipping now...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
I just bought some from Omega recently. They are $12.39 & $12.62 plus shipping now...
Interesting. Guess my local source is a little less expensive than Omega.

BTW, the OEM for these is Colder Products. They were the ones that directed me to a local vendor.

Omega is another reseller.

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts