MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting the 800 F3 and was wondering if anyone could answer my questions:

1. Mirrors - when I had a test ride I couldn't seem to adjust the mirrors up high enough but didn't try too hard for fear of breaking the glass. Is this a real problem for taller riders? Do they adjust higher?

2. Steering damper - the MV price seems rather high - is the MotoCorse one inferior in any way? This one.

3. What is the effect of modifications on the warranty e.g. non-mv steering damper, slip on exhaust, non-mv ttx shock or other non-mv bits?

If someone could scan their warranty and post (or pm) it that would be great (UK applicable version).

4. Why do mv ohlins forks require a new front wheel? I wonder if ohlins forks are available anywhere else than mv.

5. Is the hole in the bottom of the fairing a problem for dirt etc. getting trapped?

6. What is the quality of the external fasteners/bolts? Are they stainless?

Many thanks if anyone can answer these!

Mark

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
First....welcome to the family/forum...
I am not well acquainted with the new F3s but I do understand warranties. Any non-approved modification you make that causes a failure would preclude warranty on that failure, but would not void your entire warranty. I can't imagine a steering damper, properly installed, causing a failure. Exhaust or other engine tune mods that cause a problem with the engine may result in no warranty for that problem, but anything unrelated would still be covered.

Someone else will have to speak to the mirrors. I have no idea why a new wheel would be required when installing new forks unless it is axle diameter and spacer related. Should be a way to overcome that however.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mirrors: An afterthought at best. Italians don't look behind them anyway. :)

Yes, the range seems limited, but my friend at 6'-3" didn't mention it as a problem when he rode my F3. Perhaps his riding position allowed better vision. It's definitely a personal setting.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The motocorse steering damper is (someone correct me if I'm wrong) almost exactly the same as the MV one except for the bracket being manufactured by someone else. I've got it and am happy. Dont have regrets on the choice.

The bolts on the first F3s had defective anti-corrosive coatings and rusted. I've replaced them with stainless steel ones from my local industrial fastener supplier (cost me almost nothing) and not had issues. The bolts corroding were not stressed items (swingarm etc), but rather like the clutch cover bolts, front sprocket cover bolts and some of the fairing fasteners. Dont think that its an issue anymore.

With regards to the hole at the bottom of the fairing, I'm pretty sure all sports bikes are open at the bottom of the fairing (I assume you are referring to the aluminium lower fairing pieces covering the exhaust collector). Cant recall seeing one that can hold liquid unlike aftermarket race fairings that do so by certain rules. Unless you're riding motocross with your bike, I don't think you will have dirt accumulating.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been looking at getting the 800 F3 and was wondering if anyone could answer my questions:

1. Mirrors - when I had a test ride I couldn't seem to adjust the mirrors up high enough but didn't try too hard for fear of breaking the glass. Is this a real problem for taller riders? Do they adjust higher?

2. Steering damper - the MV price seems rather high - is the MotoCorse one inferior in any way? This one.

3. What is the effect of modifications on the warranty e.g. non-mv steering damper, slip on exhaust, non-mv ttx shock or other non-mv bits?

If someone could scan their warranty and post (or pm) it that would be great (UK applicable version).

4. Why do mv ohlins forks require a new front wheel? I wonder if ohlins forks are available anywhere else than mv.

5. Is the hole in the bottom of the fairing a problem for dirt etc. getting trapped?

6. What is the quality of the external fasteners/bolts? Are they stainless?

Many thanks if anyone can answer these!

Mark

1) take the side mirrors off
2) try Matris SDK
3) no effect

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts