MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have bought a motocycle MV Agusta 312 F4 and I would like to have the exhaust on the lateral side of it. The original one is very unconfortable because it is very hot under me.
Please let me know if I can buy a lateral exhaust and see some pictures first if there is something like this on the market.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It's a crappy picture but you'll get the idea.

Welcome to the forum :yo:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Anything other than organ pipes on an F4 is heresy, sacrilige and a crime of such monstrous proportions that he who does it should be drawn, quartered and fed to the hogs.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Hello, I have bought a motocycle MV Agusta 312 F4 and I would like to have the exhaust on the lateral side of it. The original one is very unconfortable because it is very hot under me.
Please let me know if I can buy a lateral exhaust and see some pictures first if there is something like this on the market.

Thanks
Don't.

Ride faster and bear with it. It's manly pub ammo; "roasted nuts" and that sort of thing. F4's are not about comfort. Brutales are though; you might want to consider changing over.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
P.s.: I first rode my "new" 312R to the office today; hot weather, got stuck in Amsterdam traffic. Temp gauge hitting 111 dgrs C every now and then, warning light flashing. Yes it's hot. Getting rid of the cat will help a bit. Still waiting for the RG3's and the Race ECU to arrive. Still wil be a hot running bike though. I'll live with it.

P.s.: Welcome and enjoy that bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
when I got my bike, it hits 252F and lights start blinking... I changed out mid pipe to eliminate cat and changed water impeller. Now it runs 221-225 max

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Spirit of Munro ?

Lateral pipe and lateral thinking...:yo:

It's your bike and you can do whatever you like to it.

In lowering the silencers you will be bringing the weight down lower and improving the cooling.

I am looking at this for my project F4. If it is rubbish then at least I will have tried something different.
I'm smoking the same peace pipe with those that love the Pans..I'm one of them.

One thing there will be alot more to this than bolt on and go. Back pressure, pipe length..and in doing so you/I will be on the learning curve.

My preference is a four into cat-less mid pipe into four :naughty:

I like to see some creativity..do it ...

joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello again,

I am a biker for 15 years and until now I had only Japanese motorcycles and I had prepared them each time. Or for being faster, or for being more pretty. Now, it is the first time when I buy a Agusta and I was thinking to improve it. But if you say it is so bad to do that, then I will try to find other solutions to make it less hot for me. Maybe I can isolate the seat with some aluminum sheet and if I will change the final exhaust with carbon ones I will solve part of my problem. Thank you for your advice, I bought my bike new, 0 km, it runs really fast, the brake are excellent and I love it.

PS. About my other bikes, here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.142908235741999.21778.100000684713695

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
to me the 4 pipes is the way to go, getting the twin arrows just make more people say "nice ducati" :bandit: keep the 4 IMHO. good idea about the carbon silencers. but something that crossed my mind, for the people who have it. does the carbon under tray help with this heat problem in that area?:confused:

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Hello again,

I am a biker for 15 years and until now I had only Japanese motorcycles and I had prepared them each time. Or for being faster, or for being more pretty. Now, it is the first time when I buy a Agusta and I was thinking to improve it. But if you say it is so bad to do that, then I will try to find other solutions to make it less hot for me. Maybe I can isolate the seat with some aluminum sheet and if I will change the final exhaust with carbon ones I will solve part of my problem. Thank you for your advice, I bought my bike new, 0 km, it runs really fast, the brake are excellent and I love it.

PS. About my other bikes, here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.142908235741999.21778.100000684713695
Hey.. Don't listen to me, I was only pulling your leg.. You do whatever you want to do with your bike.. It's your bike !..

Go for it :)

to me the 4 pipes is the way to go, getting the twin arrows just make more people say "nice ducati" :bandit: keep the 4 IMHO. good idea about the carbon silencers. but something that crossed my mind, for the people who have it. does the carbon under tray help with this heat problem in that area?:confused:
No.. It makes it worse.. It's best to line the underside of the carbon understray with heat foil material, and then it makes it heavy and defeats the object of fitting a carbon undertray..

Catch -22

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hey.. Don't listen to me, I was only pulling your leg.. You do whatever you want to do with your bike.. It's your bike !..

Go for it :)

No.. It makes it worse.. It's best to line the underside of the carbon understray with heat foil material, and then it makes it heavy and defeats the object of fitting a carbon undertray..

Catch -22

well IMHO carbon is light yes, but its also beautiful :naughty: so i guess getting the pipes coated should definitly help. and probably put some of that foil on the top of the pipes and not the tray or something like. also i just took the catalyc converter out and not only the bike runs slightly cooler, but it also doesnt get as hot in the seat area as before. i think i need to go for a longer ride and test that out again. once she get fixed of course.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had the Arrow dual, and is a good exhaust, colder, powerful, but I missed the 4 pipes. , went through RG3, (hot, and about the same as stock), Motocorse titanium, (better), and finally BODIS Titanium. (the best by far,in all aspects, and love the look as well.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My byke is about to be used on the circuit in RO SBK championship and I want to see some ideas about a racing design for my careens. Can you post here more design options for racing motocycles?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello Donsy. Yes, it is true that first I have bought the bike - MV Agusta F4R (2008, 0 km - it stayed in the showroom). At the begining I had some problems with the seat because it was really hot for my but and legs and I tried to solve the problem. I was a pilot in Romanian Superbike Championship, but in 2006 I had a very bad street accident. It costs me 9 days in the coma and lots of months in the hospital. In 2007 I tried 4 wheels - rally and hill climbing in national championships and in 2009 I was the national hill climbing champion. Now, I want to get back on two wheels and this is why I'm trying to get used with the motocycling in race condition. I don't thing I incommodate someone with my questions, right? It seems that this is a very serious forum and this is why I made my user also here, as I own now this model of motocycilng. Here are some pictures with my bike before I bought it and others from the circuit taken today. I asked about a nice design because you all seems to be informed better than me when your talking about Agusta and I am sure you can recommand me a beautiful design.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you get ceramic coating for exhaust, catless, FBF, Arrow full system...etc. or like my just clipon, you can decal 312 in big size and design your own bikes, here is my hope it help you with some idea

Attachments

·
Registered
3,111 Posts

Has anyone pointed this out yet? That's the prototype F3 with "old style" F4 fairings and an Arrow stubby that rightly didn't make it to production.

If you want to learn about style the MV way, compare this pic to the final product, and you might understand some of the fiercer responses here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts