MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going back and forth between a 1098 and an MV I am totally decided for the MV (too many pros to discuss). But my question is related to something else.

I am very tempted to getting a new 06 f4-1000S. The only reason I have not done it yet, is because my industry is taking such a hit that I am a little worried of what may happen in the next few months. The bike will be the first thing to go (unfortunately) in case of "financial emergency".

I can get this bike for 17K OTD (plus tax obviously). My question is, how well do they keep their value. If let's say I need to get rid of it within the next 6 months, would I loose too much $$?

I know when in "financial uncertainty" it is wise to be conservative but as Pascal said "The heart has its reasons, which reason does not understand"

Thanks to all in advance for your input.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
You might want to aim at a lower price. There have been a handful of people who have gotten them cheaper. I think the market for them is 16 or under these days, so you might want to keep that in mind if you try to sell on the private market.

In terms of resale, i don't think (or hope) it'll drop much afterwards since the 750s have done OKAY in terms of hanging tight these days...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yeah, luckily leftover S models already suffered years of depriciation due to the R and 312's. Plus, they are actually 'old' already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I can get one for 16 or under? (remember this is an 06, I have seen 05's for 15 and a half or so).

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Why not get the '05? It's the same bike, and resale value would be comparable to an '06 with same miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The 05 is a good point, I have not been able to locate many new 05's .

I located a couple, but (and well, yes I am picky) not the color I wanted.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I bought a 2005 S model. Paid $17,300 + tax last year. Anyone claiming they can get a new 06 S for $16K, NEW, I'd like to say "show me where!", because as far as I've seen they don't exist. $17K is about exactly what it's worth new. Expect to sell for around $15-14,000 if you must, less if in a hurry. Sounds like given your situation, a bike purchase at this time doesn't sound smart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts