MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a new F4 for the first time, and I would like to know how difficult it is obtaining parts for these bikes in the USA? I currently own an Aprilia Falco, and I ride with a lot of guys who own various Italian makes like Moto Guzzi, Laverda, Ducati, etc, so I'm not unfamiliar with the long wait associated with getting factory parts. I just wondered if MV was any better or worse than others in this area.

Anyway, I started shopping for the bike Saturday. There's one dealer right here in Houston, another in San Antonio, and another near Dallas. Right now I'm considering the F4 with the special "F4 1000 Corse" kit. The red-white-silver color scheme is a real eye-catcher. I spoke with 2 different dealers, and neither of them had any information on this kit. They're both supposed to call me back Tuesday with pricing and availaibility.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi John, welcome to the site. sgcullen (Steve) on this forum, has a Corse, see his album in the gallery, they are a great looking MV IMO. Ref your parts enquiry; I'm sure a few of the guys Stateside will fill you in about availablity. Here in the UK, MV stuff is no better or worse than other Italian equipment to get hold of, Ducati, Moto Guzzi etc.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hello Falco,

I have a lot of miles and use a lot of preventative parts. Usually have 100% within a week. You might face a really really odd situation once in your ownership but normally this is not the case in my experience. I've waited almost twice as long for a Honda throttle part as my longest wait for an MV waterpump gasket.

EDIT: By the way, Chase at the Dallas dealer is intimately familiar with MV parts. I've never had a misorder or problem.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi John. I am in Houston too, I own two MV's and have never had an issue. I order my parts on line with plenty of time and just do the work myself. For valves and other "heavier" maintenance, there's a good mechanic at Houston Motorsports (used to be cycle shack on the SW freeway) that is trained and works on MV's as they used to be a dealer. His name is Chris. He's worked on my bike and my friend's bikes with no issues. Where in Houston do you live? I am in SW Houston.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b42day said:
Hi John. I am in Houston too, I own two MV's and have never had an issue. I order my parts on line with plenty of time and just do the work myself. For valves and other "heavier" maintenance, there's a good mechanic at Houston Motorsports (used to be cycle shack on the SW freeway) that is trained and works on MV's as they used to be a dealer. His name is Chris. He's worked on my bike and my friend's bikes with no issues. Where in Houston do you live? I am in SW Houston.
Howdy Neighbor,
Glad to hear that obtaining parts is not going to be a problem.

I live in west Houston, near Westheimer & Kirkwood area, so were not to far. I was at Houston Motorsports Saturday talking to them about new models. I'm still looking for used bikes, but there don't seem to be too many available, so I may just bite the bullet and order a new bike pretty soon. I'm getting kind of antsy.

Which models do you own? Maybe we could get together for a ride sometime. I'd like to talk to someone firsthand about the bikes. Let me know what you think.

Thanks also to everyone else who responded.

Ciao,
John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Houston, TX - MV Agusta riders

Even though this thread looks dead for several years, I decided to give it a try.

Any Houston Agusta riders in this forum?

For all Houston Agusta riders: Wanted to see if we can organize to meet one weekend and exchange experiences :blah:, find service shops in Houston :conveyer:, ride together :f4:, shoot the sh*t... :smoking:

Btw, I'm in the Heights.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Even though this thread looks dead for several years, I decided to give it a try.

Any Houston Agusta riders in this forum?

For all Houston Agusta riders: Wanted to see if we can organize to meet one weekend and exchange experiences :blah:, find service shops in Houston :conveyer:, ride together :f4:, shoot the sh*t... :smoking:

Btw, I'm in the Heights.
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I live in Austin, not that far away and have been dying to meet fellow MV riders (I've seen a total of 3 other MV's) around the area since I have gotten my bike, but no one has replied to my Texas MV get togethr threads :cry:

So anyway, weather permitting, I'm riding with a group of old fart- Duc/Aprilia guys from Austin to Vanderpool, TX on March 7th to visit the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum - lots of classic Indians, Harleys, etc. On the way and in the area are arguably some of the best riding in in the Texas hill country - the 3 roads known as the 3 Sisters. :f4: Send me a PM if you're interested; it would definitely be nice to see another MV in TX!

·
Registered
467 Posts
P.S. stay away...really far away from KC International in San Antonio - they and their owner, Kemal are a bunch of sleazebags.

I've just ordered a few parts and had requested estimate parts from the Dallas BMW/MV guys and they were extremely helpful & nice about the whole thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Austin to Vanderpool - that should be pretty awesome ride. I used to go to Austin quite often in the past (but not lately) so as time gets closer, I'll let you know if I can make it for the ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts