MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two lines inside the tank that run from the fuel pump assembly on the bottom, up to the top, where the filler cap assembly is. One of them has broken next to the top of the tank. Question is what kind of line is this? Anything special, or is it simply fuel line?

Also, is there anything that makes it "easy", aside from MV Part code 800095850, to remove the clips that hold these two lines to the fuel pump assembly?

thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You need line that can be submerged in fuel. Not regular fuel line.

You are looking for ClickR pliers. I forget where I bought mine, but the make the job of removing the hose clamps a snap.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I stick my hand in there with a nut driver.
A longer hose would sure make it easier and you might as well replace them both.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
A longer hose would sure make it easier and you might as well replace them both.
:jsm: You have small hands!! I'm not trying to say it in a mean spirited way, I'm more impressed than anything else :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yup. The fitting inside the tank took a small socket and was easy to remove. The fitting on the fuel pump assembly was another matter and has been replaced by a fitting like the one inside the tank. I'm going to make them a bit longer when I replace them. Hopefully I can find the line, locally, tomorrow.

Does anyone have a part number, or such, for the two green o-rings that seal the fuel pump assembly to the tank? One of mine is okay, but the other seems to be stretched out (?) and so I want to replace them both.

And here is a link to the pliers (taken from http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2006/11/fuel-filter-check-andor-change-every.html):

http://www.chain-auto-tools.com/general_auto_tools/AMM391L.htm

thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you have two green o rings? I thought there was only supposed to be one.
Ah ha! That would make sense. The manual shows two, one tight against the flange and the other in the machined edge ~1/2" higher, but the latter o-ring appears to be too large a diameter to fit there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I replaced mine last year & used standard fuel injection pipe available from a local motorist shop. Have since had the fuel pump out again to inspect & the pipes still seem to be OK

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Why do you have two green o rings? I thought there was only supposed to be one.
Parts manual shows 2....my bike has 2 as it came from the factory. :conveyer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts