MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Currently trying to adapt Rivale/Stradale handguards/indicators on my Turismo to get DRL additions at bar ends. Looking at the polarities of the Left and Right Indicators, it seems the positions of the colors wire are not the same between right and left. I would like to check if one of the connector is wrongly mounted or if it is normal.

If you have a Rivale or a Stradale with original indicators, could you please drop a picture of the right and left lead connectors where we can identify the colors of the wires on the connector?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the pics of the two indicator leads in my case

- Right indicator connector

-Left indicator connector

Looking into the electrical plan in Rivale manual, here is the indications.

Need more analysis, but find curious that it's not normalized like the connectors with 2 leads where I do find always the same polarity with no risk of getting wrong while doing the connection.

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
Well, there is a left and right turn signal......

You have one wire that is common ground (will be same color everywhere), one wire that is running light (marker light...and will probably be the same as the tail light wire color), and one that is the turn indicator which will be different for each side...in this case the Sb on left and R-Bk on right.

My guess is the B is common ground (easy to check with ohmmeter) and the Br-Bk is the marker light.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I made some tests, and arriving on the following conclusion on the indicators :
  • Black is the common ground
  • Red is the indicator lead
  • Green is the DRL lead
  • blue is unused
What I find weird, is that they don't use the same position on each indicator. Connectors used are the same position on both side, just that both 1 and 3 are inversed between Right and Left... May be to make sure the dealer won't put the left on the right and vice versa (likely). And what's even more funny, is that the numbers are inversed on the diagram (I guess they didn't read the numbers while mounting the harness).

I have both indicators working now, and I'm clear on what lead to use for the DRL on each side... Only left to do is prepare an harness addition to give feed to the DRL...

·
Registered
433 Posts
... And what's even more funny, is that the numbers are inversed on the diagram (I guess they didn't read the numbers while mounting the harness).
Nope
It was working OK left and right with the wrong mounting out of the crate!

Remember the wires color on the connector diagram are on the motorcycle loom side
not always the same on the accessory plug :rolleyes:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember the wires color on the connector diagram are on the motorcycle loom side
Have a look at the pictures posted in my 2nd post. I'm even surprised it worked with the handguards mounted wrongly based on what I can see with the way my brand new Rivale/Stradale indicators are wired. I guess it's likely one is wrongly mounted (red and green wired inversed), because it won't work if mounted right on left and left on right...

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
That's true on a lot of bikes, including Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha......

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way, anyone would know what should be the voltage feed for the side lights. +5 VCC or +12 VCC?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, anyone would know what should be the voltage feed for the side lights. +5 VCC or +12 VCC?
Just in case someone is searching for this: I checked the Electric plan for the Rivale, and it seems to be +12VCC

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's done... Will post that on the relevant section...

Anyway for those searching for the information on Stradale / Rivale indicators :
Black = Ground
Red = Indicator feed
Green = DRL feed
Blue = unused

1 - 10 of 10 Posts