MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I had a dream. The kind of dream that felt absolutely 100% real. I had traded in my MV F4S for a Honda CBR1000. In my dream I really started to regret getting the CBR and wondered why I did it. Then I woke up.

A few mintues later, I when back to sleep and had the exact same dream again! And it felt real! I traded my F4 for a CBR and kept wondering why I did it. I thought maybe I should take it back. Maybe I won't take too much of a loss to get my MV back. Then I realized it was probably a dream and sort of woke myself up.

A few mintues later, I dreamt I was standing in my back yard (it's where I park my MV) and there was the new Yamaha R1. And I couldn't understand why the hell I traded my F4 for an '07 R1 when I just had an '04 R1 a few years ago. Then I said, maybe I'm dreaming. But I know I was standing in my back yard looking at the '07 R1.

Eventually, I woke up and decided not to go back to sleep. I was getting pissed at their recurring dreams that seemed 100% real.

So, I guess the one question I have is, why is there a CBR in my back yard? :confused:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Last night, I had a dream. The kind of dream that felt absolutely 100% real. I had traded in my MV F4S for a Honda CBR1000. In my dream I really started to regret getting the CBR and wondered why I did it. Then I woke up.

A few mintues later, I when back to sleep and had the exact same dream again! And it felt real! I traded my F4 for a CBR and kept wondering why I did it. I thought maybe I should take it back. Maybe I won't take too much of a loss to get my MV back. Then I realized it was probably a dream and sort of woke myself up.

A few mintues later, I dreamt I was standing in my back yard (it's where I park my MV) and there was the new Yamaha R1. And I couldn't understand why the hell I traded my F4 for an '07 R1 when I just had an '04 R1 a few years ago. Then I said, maybe I'm dreaming. But I know I was standing in my back yard looking at the '07 R1.

Eventually, I woke up and decided not to go back to sleep. I was getting pissed at their recurring dreams that seemed 100% real.

So, I guess the one question I have is, why is there a CBR in my back yard? :confused:

When I start getting recalls on my "R" and parts are slow arriving, plus the CC rip off thing that annoys the hell out of me, I sometimes wish the CBR was in my garage :stickpoke

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a feeling today mike that i wished i was riding my k5 1000 from last year, getting used to my new f4s is going to be fun, why the hell is the suspension set so stiff from the factory, my balls are killing me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
As much as I love the MV for its beauty, dollar for dollar some of the Japanese sport bikes are among the best.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. Definitely not. I think it's a subconscious reaffirmation that I finally have the right motorcycle. :D In each of the dreams, I pull off the blanket to find another bike - much to my regret. :f4:

It was just frustrating how each time, I thought the dream was over - but it was a dream within a dream. So far, the MV hasn't changed into anything else yet. I must be awake now. :)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I had a dream... That I owned a Veltro, Tamburini, SPR, Mamba, Desmosedicci Racebike, and a whole bunch of other bikes. That dream occurs like once a week.

VERY VERY WEIRD DREAM DISCLAMER:

My WEIRDEST Mv Agusta dream, came the day after I saw the Ago in person. I was walking home, and I stepped in an ant pile. All of a sudden, red ants come running out, but they all have the yellow Ago 1's on their sides :wtf: :laughing: :smoking:

I guess that means I need an MV

·
Registered
299 Posts
Allan-you should not drink red wine from boxes or with from bottles with twist off caps(lol). I love my MV-it has an elegance & pride of ownership others really can't match. An MV is a MV-what is a 5 or 10 year old CBR(and yes Japanese bikes have recalls too). I do love the sound and feel of my Brutale on a twisty road-fantastic.
ps love that Lotus!

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a coincidence Allan I had a similar dream except in my version I woke up next to a hot little naked brunet spinner then in the next dream she was a buxom blonde, and yet again in the next dream I woke up next to a smoking hot red head.

Having never had a fire-crotch I chose to keep this one around for a while.

When I woke up this morning I looked out my window and what did I see…two squirrels humping each other.

What does it all mean…???

Maybe we should both lay off the Mescal and I need to go back to sleep.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Guys,

I am happy to offer my professional services to you as a pyscho-therapist. My fees are a bit steep, but you guys own MVs, so you would expect that, wouldn't you?

Can I just say, that these are not dreams as such, more like nightmares. It is not uncommon when you have found what you regard as perfection, to have subconscious insecurities and anxieties about the loss of that perfection. This applies to women and to motorcycles. We guys are, after all, pretty basic. :yo:

Because I have an MV, I understand what you are going through, and can help you develop a more healthy approach to life. When our counselling sessions are over, you will be dreaming about whole factory yards full of Hondas burning vigorously. At the very least, I think we should be able to manage a transference - at least replacing the Japanese common muck with something like a Ducati 1098 or a Bimota DB5 in the backyard when you pull back the cover.

Some of you may even start to pull off the covers in your dreams to find a CC instead of a 1000S. (I dreamt Mr Castiglioni had promised to give me a CC if he could take my GF for a ride!!!! - My therapist says that it is a similar pathological delusion to finding a Honda in your backyard !) :bawling:

"Trust me, I'm a Doctor" :smoking:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CD3KD said:
What a coincidence Allan I had a similar dream except in my version I woke up next to a hot little naked brunet spinner then in the next dream she was a buxom blonde, and yet again in the next dream I woke up next to a smoking hot red head.

When I woke up this morning I looked out my window and what did I see…two squirrels humping each other.

It depends. Did you leave that window up during the night? Squirrels will do anyone. ;)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DoctorMV said:
Guys,
Can I just say, that these are not dreams as such, more like nightmares. It is not uncommon when you have found what you regard as perfection, to have subconscious insecurities and anxieties about the loss of that perfection. This applies to women and to motorcycles. We guys are, after all, pretty basic. :yo:

At the very least, I think we should be able to manage a transference - at least replacing the Japanese common muck with something like a Ducati 1098 or a Bimota DB5 in the backyard when you pull back the cover.

"Trust me, I'm a Doctor" :smoking:
Transference. I see. You're saying I should start dreaming up instead of dreaming down. For example, when I pull the blank of my wife, there should be new F4R, Tamburini, or Senna. I'll give that a try tonight. :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
DoctorMV said:
I am happy to offer my professional services to you as a pyscho-therapist.
What! Competition?!?! :)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
CD3KD said:

Having never had a fire-crotch I chose to keep this one around for a while.

Maybe we should both lay off the Mescal and I need to go back to sleep.
:smoking: = :ahhh:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Your dreams were telling you to be thankful that you own an MV. I get why people buy the Japanese bikes. They are fast and generally reliable. I saw the Honda Hayden/Repsol Replica they are building yesterday. The fit and finish is CRAP compared to an MV. I am sure that if you woke up and a Honda replaced your MV you would have fun on it, and everything woulfd be fine, but you wouldn't feel that bike deep in your soul like the MV. Just my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts