MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where discounts available when you bought your 2008 312R? If so, would you mind disclosing it (here or via PM)?

I ask because I'm considering a great deal on a 2008 312R but my F4S trade-in is less than favorable. So, I'm trying to find out if my "adjusted" discount would be consistent with what other 312 owners received. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Allan, I'm sure you've already thought of this, but don't forget, the trade-in value isn't charged sales tax when you buy the bike, a few hundred bucks savings there.

Chris

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks to those who PM'ed me. And thanks Chris. As for tax, we've been working on the OTD price from the beginning.

I did have another question for those who came from a F4S and moved to a 312R. How do you like the 312R so far? Any regrets? I know the brakes are better, wheels are lighter, and it runs a bit hotter but how's the fueling and mid-range compared to the F4S?

I've been dragging with my decision since, well, if I miss out on the 312Rs, I can wait for the 312RR or a new bike. But I do need to make a decision before California doubles our vehicle registration fees on May 19th.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Dont do it allan
be cool

as I said before the chase is better than the catch:naughty:

you are aware im in the U.K. but when I bought mine I got just over £2000 (Brittish Pounds) of the retail price

good luck on what you decide

6 months goes in quickly, I wonder what will be on show at Milan :smoking:

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you have to think/try so hard about getting rid of your F4 for a new 312R, then in my book, it's not worth it and you'd probably not be THAT happy about it once you do get it. Remember the times when you wanted something, you JUST needed to have it? That feeling, obviously, is not there with this deal...

I paid $25500 OTD 15 months ago. I was debating whether I should buy it, but the price was a little high for me. A few months after I bought it, I thought I could have lived without it, though I still really enjoyed it. My other bike, on the other hand, would be the bike to keep for a long, long time, simply because I like it better and the price I paid played a part.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Gentlemen. I think you're right. If this was the next generation F4, I wouldn't even be thinking about it. Part of my frustration is having my F4S down for almost another month due to the radiator. MV Agusta USA graciously agreed to cover it under a goodwill warranty, but it's still taking a while -which is frustrating.

Now, what about that 1198? :laughing:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
sorry thought that link was for the 848, but you can still see it on that link above:)

should i remove my e-moto signature now?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I did not get any discounts $24995 OTD no sales tax for me. Also I got 3 oil filters, MV cover, Hat, T shirt, discount off some Hyper lite blinkers that are garbage. They were going to throw in a MV jacket but the 2 I picked they were out of stock so they say. So I got the other stuff instead. Not owning a F4S I am not help on that part. But I think from my limited Knowledge you are moving from an older machine to a newer bike which is always an upgrade. Wait on the 1078 and you might tell yourself you could have had a 312R for little less and felt just as good. I believe waiting on Milan to see what unveils could be an upset. If a new bike does unveil it wont be able till the following year if even then look how long the 1078 is taking. Plus I think the 312R has a little more disctinction then the previous bikes just on the name plaquer alone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been offered anew 312R for £11500, alot of bike for the money, are they ok, reliable etc ??
Do your hands still get trapped like my 750 did

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks to those who PM'ed me. And thanks Chris. As for tax, we've been working on the OTD price from the beginning.

I did have another question for those who came from a F4S and moved to a 312R. How do you like the 312R so far? Any regrets? I know the brakes are better, wheels are lighter, and it runs a bit hotter but how's the fueling and mid-range compared to the F4S?

I've been dragging with my decision since, well, if I miss out on the 312Rs, I can wait for the 312RR or a new bike. But I do need to make a decision before California doubles our vehicle registration fees on May 19th.
Basically the 312 overtakes the 1000 S only after the 10.500 Rpm, therefore, if you will
use the bike mainly on the track ,the 312 is better, but on the contrary, if you usually ride the bike on the road, the "S" with its higer torque at low -medium RPM will be better than the 312.
Just to make you an example, at 6000 RPM the "S" has 10 Hp and 1,3 Kgm more than the 312...........

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, let me say this. If you're looking for a new MV F4R, 312, or Brutale, this is a good time to get one as MV is really trying to move leftover 2007 and 2008 models. I think MV's are relatively reliable which the radiator being an exception. I think most of the 312R should have updated and more reliable radiators.

That said, I decided to trade-in my 2006 F4S for a Ducati 1198. What finally tipped the scale is that, in the 33 months I've had with this F4, it's been in the shop twice for a cracked radiator. Each incident has taken more than a month for me to get my bike back. It reminds me of the cliche "spends more time in the shop than on the road."

But, in MV Agusta USA's defense, I'd give them points for good customer service. They agreed to replace my radiator under a goodwill warranty even though my F4 was 8 months past the factory warranty and all e-mail inquires to them were responded within 24 hours. It's just I haven't get a firm date on when my bike would be ready.

So, I'll be on an MV hiatus for the next 12-18 months and will wait for the new bike to arrive and hopefully make it's debut in Milan in November.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Allan,
Congrats on the new scoot. drop by: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/index.php

It's a good duc forum.

Chris

Well, let me say this. If you're looking for a new MV F4R, 312, or Brutale, this is a good time to get one as MV is really trying to move leftover 2007 and 2008 models. I think MV's are relatively reliable which the radiator being an exception. I think most of the 312R should have updated and more reliable radiators.

That said, I decided to trade-in my 2006 F4S for a Ducati 1198. What finally tipped the scale is that, in the 33 months I've had with this F4, it's been in the shop twice for a cracked radiator. Each incident has taken more than a month for me to get my bike back. It reminds me of the cliche "spends more time in the shop than on the road."

But, in MV Agusta USA's defense, I'd give them points for good customer service. They agreed to replace my radiator under a goodwill warranty even though my F4 was 8 months past the factory warranty and all e-mail inquires to them were responded within 24 hours. It's just I haven't get a firm date on when my bike would be ready.

So, I'll be on an MV hiatus for the next 12-18 months and will wait for the new bike to arrive and hopefully make it's debut in Milan in November.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Been offered anew 312R for £11500, alot of bike for the money, are they ok, reliable etc ??
Do your hands still get trapped like my 750 did
Ian
thats not too bad a deal, roughly £300 less than what they are selling for, I guess If you have the cash available you should be able to pick one up at that price from most dealers.
http://www.mvagusta.co.uk/_motorcycles/f41000/index.php

Reliable yes, as long as you have a trickle charger, and no, there is less chance of getting your hands trapped, the bars are at more of an angle and dont go as far back as the 750.

2 year warranty (which you will need as it takes about 2 years to get the spares) from stock:naughty:

£11500 sounds good but i certainly wouldnt pay any higher as dealers are strugling to unload the 312R's just now and desperate to do so.

remember its a buyers market, pick up the phone, phone around, get the best deal.

:blah:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think MV's are relatively reliable which the radiator being an exception. I think most of the 312R should have updated and more reliable radiators.

My friends 312R has had 2 radiators Alan.............

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a friend who works part time delivering Ducati's all over the country, word from the 'inside' is Ducati can not sell the 848
There's a big push to sell them here in the States too. Actually, Ducati's gotten pretty aggressive with there sales. For example, there's a special financing program were you can get a Monster 696 for $119 a month and an 848 for $180 a month. Also, Pro Italia's offering demo rides at Angeles Crest Highway (popular motorcycle road North of Los Angeles) on Saturday.

http://proitalia.com/index.html

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My friends 312R has had 2 radiators Alan.............
I think the new radiators came in around August 2008 (from Nicensleazy's thread). So, my guess is that 312s built after August 2008 may have the improved version. My problem is, I wasn't sure if the 312 at MV Agusta USA had the updated radiator and I'd really have to wait another month or so for a third radiator!

I'm still hopeful that MV will make a strong comeback sometime next year and address the cooling and quality issues.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I have a friend who works part time delivering Ducati's all over the country, word from the 'inside' is Ducati can not sell the 848
thats because everyone wants BIG today

312R, hell no, I want the 1078

1078 hell no I want ........................

prefer the EV03 myself

:yo:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts