MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone insalled the Sato rearset on the Brutale yet? I'm not sure if i installed i correctly because now first is up and the rest of the gears are down. If anyone has installed this can you please post a picture for me to see the left side, maybe i'm an knucklehead and did it wrong... thanks.

seb

·
Registered
180 Posts
You need to reverse the clamp which fits to the selector shaft splines through 180 degrees. Sorry no pics-at work

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have installed Sato's last week on F4R love them. Gear head position should be 11 0,clock ideally 12 o clock but on F4 you can not have 12 'oclock since it touches the sprocket cover so leave it as much close to 12 oclock las possible without hitting sprocket.

Your gear head position must me at 3 or 6 O'clock ruigh now thats why you get GP shifting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seb, more lever pressure & shorter shift throw is normal with the Sato installation. I've found the action to be more positive, however neutral can be harder to select.
Hope this helps, Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
SebBrutale said:
ok now i got the shifting correct it's hard to shift up do you guys have any suggestions?
OK you got the shifting correct now its all about the adjustment.

Reason up shift is hard because gear head angle and gear pedal angle the three holes where rod is connected is not parallel to each other.

Watch the second picture above if your gear head is at 12 0 clock the shift paddles three whole should be going at 6 o'clock if gear head at 11 o'clock three holes should be at 5 o'clock. Parallel to each other like ! ! .

·
Registered
746 Posts
Seb, can you post a pic of what you ended up with? I need to do this on a Brutale also.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seb, glad to here you got it sorted. No more slippery feet then.
The standard heel guards, though not asthetically pleasing fit the Sato's & clear the exhaust no probs.
Happy riding.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry for the duplicate post, but I used "Quick Reply" and didn't mean to. My question is if anyone knows the torque specs for the rearset bolts. I have a set of Rizoma's to install. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts