MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put some type of tracking system on my bike as theft in Sydney is ridiculous.
Has anyone got one or can anyone tell me more. It would have to be a 'back-to-base' arrangement i imagine?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not too many MV's get stolen seaeagle as there's not that many around and are hard to cover up. Only a complete fuckwit would steal an MV in Oz. Ducati's are the thieves choice of Italian hardware,they're becoming a bit common around here!! Lol...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hav'nt heard of any Lo jacks down under Sandman. More a Northern Hemisphere thing?????

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm looking to put some type of tracking system on my bike as theft in Sydney is ridiculous.
Has anyone got one or can anyone tell me more. It would have to be a 'back-to-base' arrangement i imagine?
One of the Sydney guys posted on this forum about an Aussie alarm he had fitted to his F4. I can't find the thread, but I think it cost $1300, and it worked off the mobile network to provide global positioning. If the bike is tampered with it contacts his mobile and he has a choice of activating alarm/immobiliser (even if in transit), deactivating, or just tracking. I liked the sound of it!

Just found the thread...it was Dr Evil in Perth (close enough!). I clicked on the link but its out of date. Here's the thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2373&highlight=episode+bill

I have a Datatool System 3, which works exceptionally well once you get your head around all the functions (eg service mode), have all the instruction manuals, and get the sensitivity set right, but I don't think they have a market in Australia, so you're probably better off getting one with local technical assistance available. If I was fitting an alarm to my MV I'd definitely go for something like the one described by Dr Evil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts