MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new owner of a used Brut (2004 model), I have a quick question about the choke lever next to the throttle. I am aware of what it does....but my question is its position. Namely, what is the "default" or "off" position?

Reason why I ask is because I noticed on mine, it is located somewhere around "9 or 10 o'clock" mark. I noticed in the owners' manual, it seems to be at "noon" as well on other owners' bikes based on the pics I have seen on this board.

So is there a set position where it should be resting? I did try mine out to see if the lever works and sure enough it does increase/decrease the idle speed.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
779 Posts
The "fast idle" dial serves to open the throttle slightly when turned clockwise. It maybe used to help the bike start from a cold condition. Once the bike warms up, you can turn it off. You should be able to see the throttle tube move towards the open direction when you turn the fast idle dial clockwise.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "fast idle" dial serves to open the throttle slightly when turned clockwise. It maybe used to help the bike start from a cold condition. Once the bike warms up, you can turn it off. You should be able to see the throttle tube move towards the open direction when you turn the fast idle dial clockwise.
Thanks. What is the "off" position? Do I turn it counter clockwise until it stops? I noticed on most bikes here it seems to be at the 12 o'clock position.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You never have to turn it off manually--You should never let your bike idle to warm up, and as soon as you close the throttle, it puts the lever back to off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts