MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a '05 Brutale, and am need of a little info:

is there suppose to be a vacuum (or other type) of hose coming off of the fuel regulators hose nipple. If so, where does the hose go?

I'm talking about the regulator fitting on the outside of the tank, not the L shaped hose on the inside of the tank.

I have a shop manual on CD supplied by the owner, but aside from a brief description of what the regulator does there is scant info about it.

Symptoms are intermittent engine dying. Filter is not clogged & pump seems OK. But have replacement pump and will be trying it tomorrow,

Does the fuel filter have a general automotive usage, same as the fuel pump? If so, what make and model uses it.

thanks,

Z. Ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the manuals, perhaps I'm just blind, but do not see any detail on the fuel regulator aside from this description:

"..Fuel pressure regulator
The fuel pressure regulator is a diaphragm pressure release valve that consists of a diaphragm, spring and valve. It always maintains the pressure of the fuel sent to the injector at 3.0 kg/cm2 (300 kPa). When the pressure of the fuel rises above 3.0 kg/cm2 (300 kPa) the excess fuel opens the valve of the regulator and therefore can return to the fuel tank...."

Z.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about this question, what are the pros & cons to removing the evap. canister that sits under the tank ?

Z.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Mate, if you give us a bit more detail on what the bike is doing we might come up with the right answer quicker.
Anyway, I have never worked on a 750 but in this thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000
you will see on the later bikes we don't use that regulator at all.

If you think it is fuel related then make sure the breathers on the fuel cap is not blocked. If they are blocked it will create a vacuum in tank and bike will suffer from fuel starvation.
I would also change the spark plugs to one of the Iridium type plugs, seems to help with intermittent stalling issue's on many of bikes.
Hope this helps.

BTW, welcome to the forum mate.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'm working on a '05 Brutale, and am need of a little info:

is there suppose to be a vacuum (or other type) of hose coming off of the fuel regulators hose nipple. If so, where does the hose go?

I'm talking about the regulator fitting on the outside of the tank, not the L shaped hose on the inside of the tank.

I have a shop manual on CD supplied by the owner, but aside from a brief description of what the regulator does there is scant info about it.

Symptoms are intermittent engine dying. Filter is not clogged & pump seems OK. But have replacement pump and will be trying it tomorrow,

Does the fuel filter have a general automotive usage, same as the fuel pump? If so, what make and model uses it.

thanks,

Z. Ray
There is no hose coming off the fuel pressure regulator.

The filter does have general automotive usage, it's part number is in several threads. The Knurl knows the number by heart.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
There are no cons to removing the evap canister under the tank unless you are a radical greenie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the knowledgeable replies. I would've been sidetracked w/o your help

Z.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

there is a fuel pressure regulator in the fuel pump plate Donsy......but the morons at MV don't hook it to manifold pressure to equalize the injector spray pattern

as CAG said, yes, a standard automotive fuel injection filter works......
WIX #33012 ~$4 with tax:yo:

:f4::brutale:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
there is a fuel pressure regulator in the fuel pump plate Donsy......but the morons at MV don't hook it to manifold pressure to equalize the injector spray pattern

as CAG said, yes, a standard automotive fuel injection filter works......
WIX #33012 ~$4 with tax:yo:

:f4::brutale:
I know the regulator is there Uncle, I just did not know if the 750's maybe used them and not the later bikes. But the problem is now sorted as the breather on the custom fual cap was pinched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts