MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10-23-05: hey everyone new member/new owner of 2002 mv agusta 750 f4, couple of quick questions-I was given only one key with bike,can i get second key made at local dealership? I also didn't get owners manual-so I don't even know if these bikes come with fuel gauge/low fuel warning light?? Is there small storage space under tailpiece of bike (for wallet,I.D.,insurance card etc.???-is there special way to open up tailpiece of bike,cause I insert key and doesn't really turn the lock-I checked and cable is attached properly to lock-but it shouldn't be this hard to open up the damn tailsection-any ideas???? Am I the only owner of this bike that had a hard time locating neutral gear at red lights(i've owned kawasaki zx-7 and 1300 hayabusa-never had this hard of a time getting use to neutral on these gearboxes), but on the mv, I am always going from 1st straight PAST NEUTRAL into second gear-any thing I can do to stop looking like a "rookie" on this gearbox( i've been riding for 10years)-thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!!!

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Be sure to check out the ARTICLES section for all the manuals you should need. Just my plug-

Also be sure to add your new MV to the registry!

·
Registered
9 Posts
seat storage & neutral search

Hi smoney1975,
try slightly pressing down on the tail piece as you turn the key. the seat and tail peice will move back and up when you have it unlocked.
about nuetral, my F4 SR goes to neutral best down from 2nd gear on the roll. can also get it there from 1st, but also on the roll. but i also have gotten used to just holding in the clutch when its cold and finiky about neutral.
best of luck

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
G'Day, The small 'slot' I think you are referring to just behing the battery is for the tool kit, which if your lucky was included with your bike. Tools come in a special MV toolbag.
I have a new F4 and opening the tail is a new skill to learn, I have learned to be gentle 'though! The only warning light the MV misses out on is the FI warning, otherwise all same as other brands.

Graham

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how many gallons of gas do mv's hold???

10-27-05: hello everyone/ thanks to all who replied!!-I still need to look at online manuals, but was wondering how many gallons of gas do our mv agustas hold???-So if I understood previous reply the mv's have the following warning lights:neutral,oil,NO LOW-FUEL(how many miles/per full tank of gas are people getting on these bikes-say driving around doing 70-80 miles an hour on the highway/with no red stoplights???)-thinking it's time for a little roadtrip(just don't want to run out of gas or be out in the middle of nowhere running on fumes-is there any type of reserve in these gastanks?? Finally,what would an average temp. be for these bikes-just local stop/and go travel with stoplights and average traffic doing 45-55mph(cause mine read 190 degrees-didn't now if that was extreeme or not???)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Can't do the gallons thing, but 21 Ltrs for the full tank and 4 Ltrs in reserve, and yes, there is a low fuel warning light, have not tested to see when this lights up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know my bike has 56km at 160-180kph on reserve, i found out the hard way sadly. The low fuel light is an orange one, it'll pop up soon enough. right in between the two gauges. The temp depends alot on weather you have a 1 or 2 radiator model, to find this out look behind your front wheel if there is a large rectangular radiator up top, there can be a small triangular one down the bottom or a triangular plastic plate. In aus we all got twin radiators, and you may have to. Mine will sit on 101deg celsius when it's hot and i'm stuck in traffic and down to 79deg celsius when i open her up. (we cant do imperial mesurements here you'll have to work it out or change your dash settings to make sense) The single radiator models got considerably hotter, in a bad kinda way.

Hope that helps a bit, mines an 01' but i don't think those things changed anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts