MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I received my Quat-D Midpipe yesterday and I am having a heck of a time getting everything to line up. Does anyone have any advise to installing a midpipe? I have tried attatching the midpipe to the headers then put on the exhaust. I have also tried attatching the midpipe to the exhaust first and then to the headers. For those that have the Arrow midpipe, was installation a breeze?

Thanks

Rags

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Are you trying to install the pipes together, or did you separate them first?

I left the headers on the bike, then put on the midpipe, then attached the tailpipes.
There was some banging of the mallet, but nothing too taxing, then lastly I bolted everything to the chassis.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fazer6. So you placed the midpipe on the header and then took the split pipes and placed them on the midpipe?

Thanks again!!!

Rags

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
brutalrags said:
Thanks Fazer6. So you placed the midpipe on the header and then took the split pipes and placed them on the midpipe?

Thanks again!!!

Rags
Exactly. The I bolted the pipes together, then soft bolted the exhaust hanger and midpipe hanger, till everything lined up, and lastly conncted the springs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
fazer6 said:
Exactly. The I bolted the pipes together, then soft bolted the exhaust hanger and midpipe hanger, till everything lined up, and lastly conncted the springs.

i did the install few days ago...this is what I did. Pipe joint compound used on all joints.

1. with Headers in place remove Cat and muflers.
2. Remove Right Foot Peg (for more room)
3. install midpipe, with supporting bracket under the engine. (other side from original Cat)
4. install pipes. reinstall passenger footpegs
5. tighten all bolts
6. install springs
7. reinstall right rider footpeg.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Everyone,

I was able to get this thing installed over the weekend. Thank you for everyone's help. Let me tell you, the mid pipe make a big difference in sound. Also, you can fell a little bit of power gains. Next step is to have someone cut the cans open and gut them.

Rags

1 - 6 of 6 Posts