MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently fitted the QD exhaust onto my F3 that I had on my Dragster RR. On my Dragster it popped and banged and was awesome... kinda suited the Dragster as a bad ass exhaust.

Now it's on my F3 800rc, it's loud(ish) but no where near as loud and certainly doesn't pop etc.

Don't get me wrong... it suits the bike, just wondered why this was?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the F3 have an exhaust valve whereas the Dragster doesn't? This could change the note as could the design of the exhaust itself along with different fuelling maps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, yes it does and that would explain it!! I've done the procedure to reset the fuelling settings but forgot about the exhaust valve!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the F3 have an exhaust valve whereas the Dragster doesn't? This could change the note as could the design of the exhaust itself along with different fuelling maps.
There is no valve on the Dragster? How come?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've have had the cables disconnected as the exhaust valve had partially seized causing an "Exhaust Valve Error".
With the lower db removed, it is louder and certainly pops and bangs. :grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
23,090 Posts
It's all about the fueling, folks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The new Dragster (et-al) have exhaust valves in to keep noise down (euro4).
Removing (or disabling, rather) the valve is trivial on the F3, but you do need the Healtec (or similar) ESE. These are cheap and really easy to fit.

I have the QD on my F3 (with all baffles in) and it now pops and spits and bangs and has a lovely burble akin to having 2 baffles removed.

·
Super Moderator
23,090 Posts
You need to get your bike tuned to the exhaust and setup you have.

What are you trying to accomplish?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts