MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having replaced the battery on my 675 F3 it was time to replace the fairings and tail/seat unit on the bike. The bike was purchased second hand and a few of the fairing screws were missing which I can understand so the replacing was also going to be a sorting out. This might sound a bit odd but anyone who has removed the fairing and tail/seat unit will understand, as there are a variety, either 4 or 5 different ones I think, of different 5 mm bolts used.

The replacement took just on 3 cds (Rolling Stones -exile on main street, Kings of Leon -only by the night & John Hiatt -alive) but now everything seems to fit correctly and I now have an idea which bolt goes where. The time is due to working out which bolt should be used where, aligning the nut and bolt and remembering all the locations. The one great thing is the side fairing has a rubber grommet fixture to hold the fairing whilst all the other bolts are fitted.

I do not understand why the designers can't be consistent with things such as fairing bolts. The only reasoning I can think of is either they have never worked on a bike or it is cost related. Recently came across a story about the Ducati MotoGP bike where the mechanics were tearing their hair out as there were 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 mm bolts on the bike (or some similar mish mash). Their problem was that they could easily distinguish between 6, 8 & 10 mm bolts wrt spanners but not so easily distinguish between a 6 & 7 or 7 & 8 etc making it more time consuming to work on the bike which isn't exactly what you want on a race bike.

Also not overly impressed with the fairing having mounted points onto the exhaust system.

How I loved the zeus fasteners on my F4.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I just wish they made the electrical wire going to the fuel pump a little longer (either that or mine got snagged deep inside somewhere). Had a hard time lifting the tank up and trying to disconnect/reconnect it alone. In anycase I did manage to successfully install my lithium battery without assistance.

The one thing I do regret is getting a once piece carbon fibre oil cooler shroud. It makes fitting the fairing infinitely more difficult...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Exact, the cables from exhaust valve are connected to the fairing, another crazy engineering!! The engine is not far enough:jerkoff:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have just replace the stock battery with a Yuasa. Anyway, due to out of stock and it will take longer time to wait for the battery, the mechanic use a Yuasa YTZ 9 (12v 8ah) instead a YTZ 10 (12v 8.6ah). My concern is, does it matter? Will it affect the charging or whatsoever?

·
Registered
375 Posts
No problem, only by cold weather, the drop of power could become enerving !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts