MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i own a beautiful 2004 Brutale 750s and want to put one of the new >2016 Brutale headlights with the LED DRL on my bike to give it a nice and contemporary look.

Any idea of whether this is possible?

does it need special mounting bracket? wiring harness? can my halogen wiring harness handle these new headlights?

part numbers would be greatly appreciated ;) not sure where to start

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'd like to help, but I've got no idea haha.

New wiring? Dont think so though, I think its the same as putting a LED bulb into your headlight assembly.
Same wiring but different bulb, same 12volt but less power draw from it than a halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the main thing will be figuring out how to mount this new headlight vs the current one. anyone have nay inputs?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Maybe noone has done it before. You could be the first in the world ;)

Maybe its as simple as to drill a couple holes into the B3 bracket. Who knows.
If you get it to work, you can document it for future use for other people who want to switch headlights. You know, detailed information and pictures :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
@louiscolford, you ever figure this one out? I've got a 2009 1078RR and have been drooling over the 1090 and 800 series headlights. Done a HID upgrade on a 750 in the past, but that was just bulbs and balasts. Would be cool to get the factory look of a direct swap!

·
Registered
46 Posts
@louiscolford, you ever figure this one out? I've got a 2009 1078RR and have been drooling over the 1090 and 800 series headlights. Done a HID upgrade on a 750 in the past, but that was just bulbs and balasts. Would be cool to get the factory look of a direct swap!

I upgraded my 1078RR with an LED low beam bulb and LED side lamp bulb and the difference is massive. The secret is getting a decent LED bulb that matches the beam pattern of the normal halogen bulb. Have not done the main beam as thought it unnecessary. The bulb fits in the standard housing along with the ballast without any modification, the only "tweek" was to the bulb retaining spring as the LED bulb sits lower in the reflector housing.

This is the site that I bought the bulb from if any ones interested: https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/pr...ain-dipped-glb477?_pos=2&_sid=4df69df58&_ss=r

·
Registered
363 Posts
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
If you order a new headlamp 1078rr at mv you get probbly the 1090 one with adapter cable as the old one is out of stock

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you order a new headlamp 1078rr at mv you get probbly the 1090 one with adapter cable as the old one is out of stock
Where are people ordering their OEM parts from these days? I don’t have a dealer nearby anymore.

·
Administrator
20,746 Posts
Where are people ordering their OEM parts from these days? I don’t have a dealer nearby anymore.
You can contact Mark at The DucShop. He has been really helpfull for me. I'm sure he would be for you as well, although there may be someone closer.

https://ducshop.com/

StarTwin Trading is also good, but shipping costs can be ridiculous, especially for just one or two small parts.

Reactions: über
1 - 12 of 12 Posts